• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock X79 Extreme9 HeatSink Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synmuffin

Hey all current in the process of adding water cooling to my system however I'm wondering if anyone has removed the heatsinks I've outlined in red in the pic, and if makes any difference what so ever on the mobo?

Do they even ever get that warm? The issue is that bar that runs between the two is limited in the size of the radiator I can fit in my case without having to change my case.

Thanks in advance.

7Yenx4SL.png

You might be able to find a waterblock that will fit there. Whether that gets you enough room or not? :shrug:

You might be able to find a waterblock that will fit there. Whether that gets you enough room or not? :shrug:

Yah I've looked for this to no avail. I put some temp senors on these parts and they never really got that hot, I mean they got warm but never scary hot, mind you they had the heatsink thing on.

So I've come up with a solution I've removed the heat pipe, but kept the heatsinks.

ZRUCWZkM.png

Back