• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 Ivy Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

Was gonna post here, but it was already marked solved, so I thought better of it...

Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

I just bought this board and will be buying a CPU to go along with it (see signature). If I end up getting an Ivy Bridge CPU and the board does not have the BIOS update, will I need a Sandy to flash it?

Excellent that certainly opens up my purchasing field. Now the question is, do I really need a 3770 for a file server? :D ( I know I don't, I'll probably end up saving $100 and going with the i5, but that $250 3770k in the classies is calling so sweetly)

shouldnt have to as those are ivy supported from get go

Definitely not supported natively in all Pro3's. Here's the CPU support chart, which I guess I could have searched for earlier ;)

Ivy is supported with BIOS P2.10, but the board originally shipped with P1.20 (mine has this earlier BIOS).

Not a big deal as I have a 2500K on the way to me, but I currently can't test it with my 3770K and for future reference, anyone getting this board and wanting Ivy support should ensure it has BIOS P2.10 or that you have a Sandy chip available.

Back