• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 owners your bios version ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

I put this board in about a month ago with my I-3570 although I had bought the board several months before. It came with version 1.80 After getting up and running I flashed up to version 2.0 (latest at the time) and blammo I just looked and there have been 2 more versions released in this month. Being I know that very many folks here have this board I was wondering where everyone was Bios wise and what everyone's thoughts were on the subject ?

What say you all ? :D

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Version 2.10

1. Support Windows 8.
2. Modify ASMedia SATA3 can't detect HDD when CSM disable.
3. Add i7-2700K to CPU EZ OC, Advance Turbo 30 and Power Saving Mode support list.

Note: "Ultra Fast" is only supported by below conditions.
1. OS is Windows 8.
2. Graphics supports UEFI GOP.

Version 2.20

1. Add Gen2 and Gen3 speed option in PCIE Link Speed setup items.
2. Auto detects PCIE link speed.

Usually ( if it aint broke ) comes into play, but if the new bios has features you/want need IE: The new ultrafast for win8 go ahead. I usually make sure i have the newest, but thats just me. :thup:

Usually ( if it aint broke ) comes into play, but if the new bios has features you/want need IE: The new ultrafast for win8 go ahead. I usually make sure i have the newest, but thats just me. :thup:

Im quite similar to you. I want the latest versions of things. I also like to tinker so that plays a huge part in it to. In fact after I made the thread I went and got myself flashed up to the latest version 2.20 :D

I like the new splash screen on startup. :thup:

Very nice :thup:

I kinda forgot that it my bios flash fun I wiped all my overclock bios settings, LOL :D

Oh well, no worries there I will fix that back up tomorrow night after work. As I said I like to tinker so that's considered a good time ;)

So tonight I sat down and got my 2.20 bios all set up again with my OC settings once again. It's amazing to me how easy they have made these CPU's and boards etc to obtain these overclocks these days. Most of our overclocks are small but still it used to be a major deal to get anything extra out of a CPU back in the day.

I do a simple OC, and it only takes me seconds to set it up. Im at 4.2 and 1.2v. I usually tend to be 1 bios behind unless it's been out a while, this way I know if there are no major issues..

My chip will clock right up to 4.4 with the multi, to get 4.5 I need to one small voltage bump and it's all good. Flakes out just a bit without the V bump.

Btw, Bios 2.30 is out now, came out on Oct. 4th

V2.30

1. Update CPU code.
2. Modify CPU load line calibration behavior.

My chip will clock right up to 4.4 with the multi, to get 4.5 I need to one small voltage bump and it's all good. Flakes out just a bit without the V bump.

Btw, Bios 2.30 is out now, came out on Oct. 4th

V2.30

1. Update CPU code.
2. Modify CPU load line calibration behavior.

P2.30, best decision I've made regarding this Mobo. Helped stabilize my OC. :attn:

Boards on the way. I'll be updating to 2.30 from the start.

Gonna see what I can get out of my new toys (MAIN RIG below in sig). :D

Uberg33k, typo in your sig there...hope you're not giving that little 22nm thing 1.95v!!! :shock:

I just overclock with the multi. Job done, no messing about with volts and other stuff.
If you left your vcore at AUTO, it changed it, and likely too much for the overclock. You really want to set that manually... and likely you will be able to lower it a bit from what auto set. :thup:

Ok, I finally got around to it, reset my voltages to stock and bumped my multiplier back up to 45 on stock voltage and just ran 20 min of prime and got bored. Im happy, I could not do that before with stock voltage so perhaps this 2.30 bios has made things even better ?

Im gonna run it this way and see what happens. My temps in prime never got above 82 on any core with 100% load so all seems good.

Try some Diablo III tonight and maybe some Darkness II and see how she runs.

Just checked the DL section over at ASrock and noticed another new bios for the Z77 Extreme 4. Released on 10/25/12 if anyone is interested :)

Version 2.40

Improve USB keyboard and mouse compatibility.

Back