• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 owners your bios version ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Updating to 2.8 killed my mobo. Froze during the update and when I restarted my computer, nothing. Computer powers up but monitor gets no info. Been relying on my iPhone to feed my need for the Internet and my crappy laptop to deal with Asrock's tech support. Just RMA'd the board earlier today. I sad.

Updating to 2.8 killed my mobo. Froze during the update and when I restarted my computer, nothing. Computer powers up but monitor gets no info. Been relying on my iPhone to feed my need for the Internet and my crappy laptop to deal with Asrock's tech support. Just RMA'd the board earlier today. I sad.

Wow! That sux!

There are ways to fix that oopsie. One would be putting the original disk in the DVD Rom and unplug all HDs. I saved an Asus M3A from the exact same thing some time ago.

Hope your RMA comes back working! GL.

Running 2.80. Works great no issues, delivers 5ghz clocks no problems. Everything seems to work just fine.

They had me try to clear the CMOS by pressing it 5x then disconnecting the power and pressing it 8x but that didnt work so they just gave me a RMA number. Board is only 5-6 months old so still under warranty. I am sure it was just some freak thing, the board worked perfectly fine prior to the update. Oh well.

Back