• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty Performance Throttling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^Yep, just seen that on xtremsystems...

But never heard of anyone on OCF having issues with E4 up to 5GHz (with SBs at least).

This is not really related to some mosfet brand. This is mostly a temperature issue when you have a WCed cpu. You end up with zero airflow for the memory and VRM's. Usually, the memory is OK if you dont push it really higher than spec, but the VRM's heat up quickly when OCing and at those clock ... you NEED VRM's cooling. NM the motherboard you have ... Even a 400+$ asus rampage V extreme will need VRM cooling at these clock.

Yup I know that they will all require cooling to some extent. I am just curious if the MOSFETs on my board have any drawbacks like the ones one the Z77 Extreme4.

I remember reading that explanation somewhere. I am trying to get in touch with the guy who seems to have all of the tech knowledge on this stuff to see if I explained it correctly. I may have got it wrong.

Back