• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Z77 Pro vs Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

What's the big difference? Newegg has a sale going on right now for the Pro and I could potentially save a lot of money in my new pc build if I took advantage of this. I see that the Extreme has more usb 3.0 ports, and that it has a "Dr Debug w/ LED", and gold caps, but why should I care? USB 3.0? My devices are all 2.0 anyway? Dr Debug... I mean, seriously? Gold caps? Ok, I can see why that would be an improvement, but how much? Should I take advantage of this deal and save some money or is the Extreme really worth it? :confused:

Thanks. :thup:

This wont exactly answer your question. But, if you have a Microcenter near you, you can buy the Extreme with the $40 bundle savings and be in the same price or close to the Pro. Not sure if bundles are in store only or not, try doing a live chat with them and find out.

I live in po'dunk Missippissi. We do not Microcenters; however, we do have a few churches of the cult of bestbuy. I'll check out their website though. Thanks for the tip.

I put the bundle into my shopping cart and it would only let me choose a store for pickup. Good thing I have one within walking distance. Few miles, but still could walk there if I had to.

Back