• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8N-SLI problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psyhister

Hello, everybody.
A couple days ago I've got this problem: while PC is booting, motherboard beeping. If I've got this right, this one: 1-1-4. BIOS ROM checksum error
Then, I've got message: "Your computer CHIP fan fail or speed too low". In BIOS setup CHIP fan speed 0 RPM, but it's actually spinning.
Yesterday, I could get system to boot up, but today all I get is BSOD with code 0x00000124. What can I do to fix this, if it's fixable without buying new m/b or CPU? PC is pretty old, about 3 or 4 years, never changed anything inside, never overclocked.
Thank you in advance.

What I would suggest you try.

Take the whole system apart. Right out of the case. Blow off the mainboard and parts with compressed air. Wipe all the contacts on the cards and memory with an alcohol soaked swab. Replace the CMOS battery with a new one.

Put it back together, cross your fingers and hope it works. Thats what I would do.

I have that board, it's 4 years old and runs as file storage. Still works good.
Good Luck (And welcome to the Forums :) )

Last edited:
Back