• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8V Memory Speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonblingbling

For some reason, any time I tried to raise the FSB, even to 210 mhz, with this ram, I noticed that in CPU-Z, my memory frequency would be cut in half. Now, I am not going to say I am a 1337 overclocker, but something is telling me this is not right. Plus the times in Super PI get worst; thus making it not worth doing other testing.

From my understanding, it is not ideal to run a memory divider, and I believe if I loosen my memory timings, I can raise my memory speed. But in the BIOS, I cannot find a way to do this, and the sticky does not quite cover what I'm looking for.

Can someone point me in a direction of what I am trying to do? Right now I am looking at the DFI SLI-DR motherboard... One because of this overclocking hurdle, the other because of the hardware potential (PCI-E, and I'm looking into the RAID 5).

Back