• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus EZ Mode overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FX7026

Registered
So I am new to overclocking and am not brave enough yet to start messing with stuff in the bios so for now I just want a small overclock so I went into the EZ Mode in my uefi bios and just did the 1-click overclock. But here is my dilemma.....it takes it from the stock 4.0 to 4.2 which is all I am looking for right now since I just have air cooling......but after I do that and then go run prime95 it is not stable so I went back into the bios and noticed that the CPU voltage had been lowered after the overclock....stock was 1.356V and after EZ overclock it was at 1.246V. The setting is set to AUTO so I am wondering if I can just manually change the CPU voltage without having to mess with any of the other settings since I have no idea where to begin. Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Here is my setup:
Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX-8350 w/Cooler Master 212 Evo CPU cooler
Memory: AMD Radeon Gamer series DDR3 1866
PSU: Rosewill Fortress 750W Platinum 80
GPU: Asus Mars 760

well, if look at my last thread you will see we are in a similar situation. a small increase of .2ghz is certainly not going to be noticable! i have a fx8150 and gone from 3.6 to 4.4-4.6 and been on the border line with temps. i have a thermalright archon.

if your cpu is anything like mine then you should be able to change the cpu mulitplier in bios to something much higher than what u have now and thats all u should need to mess with. the temps on the FX series are a big issue though! your cooler should be reasonably adequate though. i ran 4.6ish and was hittin 57C in gaming....not great but not bad and your cooler is similar performance to mine.

im only going on what i have and every system is different!!!! but the FX series CPUs seem to be similar in heat and they all seem to overclock just using the cpu multiplier in bios.....
dont be scared of the bios!! if you have boot guard then you will be fine! you wont even need to alter the cpu volts to get a nice overclock with just using the cpu multiplier!

if im wrong then someone will tell me, in that case ignore me lol

Pretty easy how to with Pics of your very board...

You know FX7026, I cannot remember a time I have ever used any EZ anything in bios to overclock my personal board. 18 years now and I cannot remember using such shortcut to an overclock.

This is a link to how to overclock that board and cpu done over at ROG. You do not have to use the x24 multiplier but can use say 22.5 multiplier for 4.5Ghz and should do very well with the CM212 cpu cooler. Pics of bios and how they setup the bios on that board. A little different than I do my own but not so much to matter. In fact what they do is pretty much foolproof for a beginner and certainly NOT a problem using the x22.5 cpu multiplier instead of the x24 they used. ...you should do well when running P95 Blend mode.

http://rog.asus.com/216552013/cross...g-fx-8350-to-4-8ghz-on-crosshair-v-formula-z/
Guide: Overclocking FX-8350 To 4.8GHz On Crosshair V Formula-Z
RGone...

Back