• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M4A78LT-M help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDragon1260

I was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock my motherboard. Since this is a CM1630 Essentio PC the mother board shows up as this:
CPUZMB.jpg
I did find a modded bios online but when i tried to flash the bios through Asus update it was an older version bios than what was on the rig so it did not let me flash.

My PC did not come with a windows disc and i am using the OEM 7 windows that came with the system.

If you can't flash it, you are probably stuck. I see that it is an OEM system, which means they are locked down tight, when it comes to overclocking.

Basically, you won't be able to do much without building a new computer. You can try software overclocking solutions (SetFSB, etc) if they have your PLL. But, without access to voltage control, you probably won't get very far.

well guess i need to look into investing in a MB and retail windows 7 ultimate instead of other things. Any good revies of the Crosshair IV formula and extreme? Might aswell go top end while i am at it.

Last edited:
sweet, guess i will wait. on my next paycheck i am going to pick up a Phenom II X4 965BE at compusa and i will just use that and get a new MB when the bulldozer ready boards come out.

Back