• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A88-M No Power, No Led Nothing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Koopdawg

OK sorry if this isnt right area to post but i am thinking its a motherboard issue am not sure its my first build so probably got it all wrong

I have tried two different psu's ones a 450w the other a 600w i am using the AMD Phenom ii x4 980 i know for sure the 450w one worked on another computer however the 600w is new when i connect power cable the standby light does not come on then when i press power button on case no fans spin up not even the psu also a thing to note is when i feel the corner of the board by the sata connectors its quite hot :S so i have unplugged to avoid damage

I have tried reversing power switch using different Power lead i have took out cpu and checked it was all seated right but i am stuck i dont have any experience so i will have probably made a silly mistake looked everywer not much i could find about this board and the user guide didnt help either.

Thanks for any help.

In addition to the 24-pin ATX connector, have you connected the 4-pin 12VAUX_PWR connector?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 393
Finally got it working i took it out of the case seems it was short circuiting it or something as the second i took it out it worked? any ideas how i can stop this Ive tried putting it back in but it doesn't turn on again. I think i may have to buy a new case thanks for your help.

Thanks guys that was the problem bought the phantom white case and the difference in quality from the case i first tried is huge everything worls now!! :D

Just one little problem i have 64 bit windows ultimate but for some reason my 4gb ddr3ram is showing as 3.78 usuable even the bios says this on boot up so is this a bios issue or chipset can i just buy another 4gb and have 7.8 etc thanks sorry if am ment to post this in a seperate thread.

BTW Its Kingston ValueRam £18 For 2x2GB On Amazon The Price might be the problem.
Board is m5a88-m if i havnt mentioned already Thanks

You should create a signature with you system configuration shown in the sig. That way we would have some more information to base an answer on.

The ram is likely set aside for the video card or another device that is calling for some amount of set aside ram.

Ok Well Heres My Specs Seems i keep running into one problem after another my cmos isnt saving the date or time so i changed the battery turned everything on set time turned completely off and still no time keeping everythig boots fine have i damaged the cmos by accident or is there a fix?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU = AMD Phenom II 980 X4 Black Edition 3.7Ghz
Motherboard = ASUS M5A88-M EVO (Usb3, SATA3)
RAM = 4GB Kingston (2x2GB)
PSU = 600w 2 Sata 4 Molex
Chassis = NZXT Phantom Full White, NZXT 20cm Fans, NZXT Fan Controller 6 Way
OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
HDDs = Baracuda 2TB 6GB/S SATA 3
Graphics = Inbuilt Graphics for now looking on getting GTX 560/570
Monitor = Benq G2420HD 24" Widescreen
Audio = Turtle Beach X11 For Now
Peripherals = Apple Mighty Mouse With Blue Led Mod, Apple Keyboard.

I Know am new an all but come on hahah yes and it works as the time on my os is correct etc but its once its turned off so maybe the battery i swapped with could also be dud long shot but ill buy a new one tommorow and try again

I Know am new an all but come on hahah yes and it works as the time on my os is correct etc but its once its turned off so maybe the battery i swapped with could also be dud long shot but ill buy a new one tommorow and try again

Might be worth the try with a 'new' battery. However with everything else saving, IF not default, then it is likely not the battery. Still a try is worth it, since the batteries are not that expensive.

hay im shaji antony fm cochin
im use in asus M5A88-M,Motherboard is not workig
USB Device over current status Detected !!

Back