• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A97 ACC question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hallen

My Phenom II X2 550 ran unlocked w/4 processors on an Biostar TA790GXE 128M ACC enabled. Now I have an Asus M5A97 and the only BIOS option that resembles ACC is Asus Core Unlocker and CPU Core Activation.

Just one time I saw 4 Processors with CPU Core Activation set to manual. Everytime else I see 2. Is there something else I'm missing?

With Core Unlocker Enabled and Core Activation on Auto you should see all 4 cores by default. If you take Core Activation off of Auto you then have the choice of disabling up to 3 cores. Core Activation is not accessible until you enable Core Unlocker. In other words, Core Activation is a bit of a misnomer because it's main use is to disable select cores and so to be able to experiment with the best combo of cores. I have that same board and was able to unlock my PII 960T from 4 cores to 6. I don't run it that way most of the time, however. On my daughter's 960T I found that core #5 was weak so I locked it and she runs her's on 5 cores.

Last edited:
Yes Core Unlocker does it. Start up screen goes from X2 to X4. I was missing it with the Full Logo screen enabled.

I was relying on Core Activation which only shows the four processors after Core Unlocker enabled has been saved on BIOS exit.

Thanks.

Back