• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus m5a97 le r2.o motherboard stablity temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heyhey916

hello, im fairly new to overclocking. I did a lot of research online and found some good data to overclock my cpu which is fx-6300 to 4.3 I have custom cooler I believe its coolmaster. o believe everything stable, im running stress testing software and playing bf4 on ultra setting my temps for my cpu was in low 50C and my temps for GeForce 970 stayed in mid 70s and high of 81c. but what im worried about is my motherboard temp which got as high as 42c and my cpu socket temp was highest 51c. im not sure if that a safe range for the motherboard? Also I was able to max out the ram to 2133 im not sure if that information is important. but I really need help!

after stress testing for more hours playing bf4 at ultra settings gpu temps range the same and cpu stays below 55 in load. but the highest temps I seen now with the motherboard is 47c and for cpu socket was 59c. Is that still safe fir this motherbaord? is there a range ii should be looking for?

please advise

Attachments

• WP_20150611_22_13_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150611_22_13_04_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 678
repl7

CPU socket/cpu temp 72c or less.

CPU package/core temp 62c or less.

RGone...

so is my motherboard temps okay? that the highest I usually seen them while stress testing which is 47c.

Playing a game isn't a stress test. Also, that motherboard will likely not handle an overclock, so word to the wise on that one.

A real stress test is prime 95, intel burn test, RoG realbench, aida64.... I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

okay thank you, I downclock it to 4.1. but im downloading prime 95 now. im update the with results

Back