• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5a99FX pro r2.0 + AMD FX 8350 Vishera (B.E)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hate pointing my fingers at Kingston Ram when I get an unknown issue but each time I have use or tried to use my Kingston Ram with either of my FX cpu my system would either give me errors, freeze on me or not start at all which was the case when I tried the ram with my FX 8350. I am not sure if these issues go back to the Phneom II CPU's but it is a thought. Do you have some different ram you could try or a freind that could let you try his ram?

RGone and trents have way more experience with helping here than I do and have come across everything that could come up over thioer time here, maybe they can shed more light on my thopughts.

I hate pointing my fingers at Kingston Ram when I get an unknown issue but each time I have use or tried to use my Kingston Ram with either of my FX cpu my system would either give me errors, freeze on me or not start at all which was the case when I tried the ram with my FX 8350. I am not sure if these issues go back to the Phneom II CPU's but it is a thought. Do you have some different ram you could try or a freind that could let you try his ram?

RGone and trents have way more experience with helping here than I do and have come across everything that could come up over thioer time here, maybe they can shed more light on my thopughts.

hmmm I tried my RAM with the old Phenom II x6 1055t using the board and it works fine, but when using it on the fx8350 cpu the ram reading is all correct but still gets teh FREEZE... I already returned the asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 + amd fx 8350 hoping to get it tested by the store itself, just waiting for their evaluation.

Check my new thread here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727292

I already returned the asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 + amd fx 8350 hoping to get it tested by the store itself, just waiting for their evaluation.= But if they are not testing with that Kingston ram you have they may not find the issue that you have. I also doubt they test with GX 550watt power supply which can throw their evaluation off.
RGone...

Well I already give them a list on what hardware devices I was using when running the m5a99fx pro r2.0 that shows the freeze thing.

I still dont know what to do in the future about this problem. :(
To buy the sabertooth r2.0 instead or not..

Man, I got to watch this thread and try to help fix this- I figured it would have gotten sorted out by my post or others by now. This is really a bummer that you can't get the system stable.

First thing, change "offset mode" on the voltage area to "manual". You can still leave the voltage fields to "auto" individually instead of a numeric value, but it's less confusing to have real numbers and not offsets. I still don't know for sure how offset works. :p

I had one time that this wasn't being solved and I couldn't figure it out myself. I actually just had to remove and carefully re-seat all of the RAM properly. The board's weird single-clip slots can make it possible to not get a good connection if you aren't used to them. I finally figured out that my board was crashing whenever the memory was busy enough to need the space from the improperly installed RAM. That's just a guess though.

The power is definitely high enough for you to be okay on the CPU side now. What I suspect *might* be the issue is actually your memory speed as it relates to your NB/HT speed. I'll be honest, I couldn't run the processor with memory speeds under 1600mhz without feeling it was on the edge, and that was with 2200mhz speeds on the NB and HT. Balance has to be kept so that one part of the workload isn't getting bottlenecked somewhere and causing the workload to hit a metaphorical brick wall at 4000 miles per hour. The CPU, NB, and HT clocks are all very high relative by default compared to almost any other chip on the shelf right now, and I just don't think that 1333mhz memory is going to yield great results here. You could always just try running the DRAM voltage at 1.55 and set the speed to 1600mhz in BIOS- my 1333mhz Kingston memory has no issues doing this inside of my X4 965 system.

The Sabertooth R2.0 is a great board from the specs and from everything I've read. However, it will likely have MORE options in BIOS that are highly advanced and not fewer. If it's a bad board or bad memory you have, I'd try to fix the issue first. If it's not an issue that is actually in need of an RMA due to defect, it's more than capable without the need to pay for the upgrade to the Saber. If you are considering it and this just gives you an excuse, then I say go for it.

PS- I won't have it for a couple hours since I can't really stop the F@H workunit that is running, but I'll take a screencap of each BIOS screen for my system and you can try copying the settings.

@ OCMusicJunkie, he has already returned the board to the store he bought from for testing. I looked at what you posted earlier and then his bios shots and he did not follow what you told him to do.

BUT and this is the big part...he does not really care about overclocking per se but just that the board would hold the 4.0Ghz of the default of that FX-8350. It should not have been that hard for that board to do. Unless it really is OFF in the bios when trying to set mostly default stuff. If that is the situation then he would really do better with the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 he is talking of moving to. I have not heard of them setting the bios by default low on Vcore and Ram. Well not yet anyway.
RGone...

@ OCMusicJunkie, he has already returned the board to the store he bought from for testing. I looked at what you posted earlier and then his bios shots and he did not follow what you told him to do.

BUT and this is the big part...he does not really care about overclocking per se but just that the board would hold the 4.0Ghz of the default of that FX-8350. It should not have been that hard for that board to do. Unless it really is OFF in the bios when trying to set mostly default stuff. If that is the situation then he would really do better with the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 he is talking of moving to. I have not heard of them setting the bios by default low on Vcore and Ram. Well not yet anyway.
RGone...

^_____ this is what I really mean hehe... I just want a stable stock clock of 4.0ghz the one that comes default with the 8350. There was someone here saying just to run the board by default bios settings and TURN OFF THE GREEN THINGS and I followed it.... still the board(im not sure) gives me the FREEZE Problem..

Wow I didn't realize you were still having problems. Thought you were up and running and all sorted out. In my first few posts I suggested the ram. But we tried to rule out if it was PSU issue first. Like OC says it may not be seated properly or like I said back then your board or the IMC in the CPU just doesn't like it. I initially had this board for my FX8350 dropped in 16Gb of 1600 ram and not one stich of problem getting it to fire up. I have always related freezing probles to either ram or bad software and since you didn't have an OS there was only the ram. So if you're not interested in OCing I would keep the board cause it'll serve you well and trade in that ram for some different stuff and probably 1866 and see if that fixes the issue.

Wow I didn't realize you were still having problems. Thought you were up and running and all sorted out. In my first few posts I suggested the ram. But we tried to rule out if it was PSU issue first. Like OC says it may not be seated properly or like I said back then your board or the IMC in the CPU just doesn't like it. I initially had this board for my FX8350 dropped in 16Gb of 1600 ram and not one stich of problem getting it to fire up. I have always related freezing probles to either ram or bad software and since you didn't have an OS there was only the ram. So if you're not interested in OCing I would keep the board cause it'll serve you well and trade in that ram for some different stuff and probably 1866 and see if that fixes the issue.

Well yesterday it was already running like what I posted yesterday but I quoted also that im gonna test it.. After minutes of testing/loading applications/testing some games like BF3 then suddenly FREEZE Problem showed.

I just need the 4.0ghz stock clock + less tweaking of the bios board if possible just gonna use the default ones. T_T
WHY YOU NO LET ME PLAY :cry:

The tweaking really shouldn't be necessary. If theyll take the ram back get some thing different. Were you testing or someone else

darkblitz, do you have the Asus AI Suite installed? If you do, can you try un-installing it, I have had issues with that software causing problems on my pc. They weren't freezing issues but it's worth a shot.

As far as motherboards go, I have never used a sabertooth but the BIOS on both boards are likely similar. The Sabertooth will probably have more features built in, so it may be a little more confusing. With that said, if the problem is your current motherboard, the 8350 should run without issue on the Sabertooth. So you will not need to be changing a lot of things in the BIOS. There are other options for motherboards if that is the route you take. Such as the Gigabyte UD3-7 boards, though I hear there BIOS is complicated and the ASrock Fatal1ty.

Furthermore, the problem you are having may not be related to your motherboard. You should be able to run that processor at stock clocks on it without issue. I wouldn't be jumping into a new motherboard just yet.

I echo what others are saying about the Kingston ram. I have been saying that about Kingston ram on this forum for a long time. It just doesn't seem to play well with a lot of AMD systems. Now I know there will be a lot of folks who fire back at this with anecdotal evidence to the contrary. All I'm saying is I have noticed a disproportionate number of problems reported by AMD users on this forum running Kingston ram. And even though it played well with the 1055t in his system the FX-8350 has a different IMC.

Your CPU temp is too high, you might have to reapply the paste, and Check one of your BIOS screenshot, +12 v is way below +11.75, this PSU is not gonna take you that long, and very likely will take your MB and Video card as well with you.

Not to scare but just giving you warning.

Your CPU temp is too high, you might have to reapply the paste, and Check one of your BIOS screenshot, +12 v is way below +11.75, this PSU is not gonna take you that long, and very likely will take your MB and Video card as well with you.

Not to scare but just giving you warning.

Great observation, drosera01! I bet that is his real problem. The 12v+ rail is dropping down to 11.2v at times (See post #42). Well below tolerance if the software can be trusted. The extra power demands of the FX-8350 over the 1055t were enough to reveal the inadequacy of the PSU.

Last edited:
Yes, i did not check in detail but i saw his 12v in bios is way below to 11.73v. Thats too low. New and better quality PSU would be likely solution. And temp looks way too high as well.

UPDATE

- I got now the result of the status of the items that I returned to the store.
It was a faulty processor, I will be receiving the new processor soon. :D

Guys its seem to be in our place that Cooler Master Hyper 212 PLUS is not available, is Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Turbo Dual Fan CPU Cooler more better?
Whats the difference?

Antec Kuhler Shelf
Cooler Master Hyper 212 PLUS
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

???

Last edited:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Turbo Dual Fan CPU Cooler = That "should" be a CM 212 Evo with push pull fans in the box for push-pull fan use. Have not seen on for sale yet in the Usa but it should be okay enough.
RGone...

Back