• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5a99FX pro r2.0 + AMD FX 8350 Vishera (B.E)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Package temp looks good but your CPU temp is starting to get close to the 70 deg mark. Still a bit of headroom though. I assume you're still running voltages on auto ? It would have been nice to see where your board was putting the Vcore for auto. Can you do a quick run with prime and HWmonitor only open up the voltage section so I can see what it is giving for max Vcore.

The Package temp looks good but your CPU temp is starting to get close to the 70 deg mark. Still a bit of headroom though. I assume you're still running voltages on auto ? It would have been nice to see where your board was putting the Vcore for auto. Can you do a quick run with prime and HWmonitor only open up the voltage section so I can see what it is giving for max Vcore.

Yes im still running voltages on auto still waiting for the NEW PSU to come :) so I can start my way to overclocking.. :D

hmm so I will open HWmonitor now and run prime95 for 20mins again?

you will need to focus on both with an 8 core.
we preach 55c on the package temp for 24/7 clocking, it's ok if it drifts between 55c-62c.
"cpu" temp is the temp of the motherboard socket, 72c for a 24/7 clock is pretty much the standard around here. these temp limits are not set in stone but we know that they will keep us from frying each others rigs.

I don't need to see 20mins worth right now what I want to see is where your board is setting the voltage. Just post a snip of HWmonitor with the voltage section open running prime. I know we'll be able to get a higher clock with manual settings. One thing I know for sure if the LLC is on auto it always puts up too much voltage for the clocks you're running.

I don't need to see 20mins worth right now what I want to see is where your board is setting the voltage. Just post a snip of HWmonitor with the voltage section open running prime. I know we'll be able to get a higher clock with manual settings. One thing I know for sure if the LLC is on auto it always puts up too much voltage for the clocks you're running.

ok here it is :)

here.png

Ok I would go into the BIOS and under the digi power section set the CPU PLL and NB PLL to medium. Now further down in BIOS put the voltage into manual mode set the CPU vcore at 1.26 and the NB at 1.2 and see if it will run prime stable after for 20 min. Keep an eye on temps if you get over 70 on the cpu stop the run

hmm guys im just kinda confused here on the cpuz validator.. in the screenshot im running the 8gig ddr 3 1866 and its running on 12800 is this correct? isnt it supposed to be running on like 14900?

ram.png

12800 is the "PC" rating instead of the DDR rating. Before there was DDR technology, ram was given a PC rating. Then when DDR technology came along the PC standard was retained. For instance, DDR3 1600 is the same as PC3 12800. Go look in NewEgg in the memory section and you will see that the various memory offerings have bot a DDR and a PC rating.

12800 is the "PC" rating instead of the DDR rating. Before there was DDR technology, ram was given a PC rating. Then when DDR technology came along the PC standard was retained. For instance, DDR3 1600 is the same as PC3 12800.

hmmm strange im running DDR3 1866 and in the label of the ram it has PC3-14900... but why the cpuz reading its on 12800?

Cpuz is reading what the manufacturer has programmed into the ram 12800. The manufacturer has tested the ram at 1866 with x x x timings and is selling it that way.
If you check above the red box in the pic you posted you will see Ram Speed 936.5 which is DDR so multiply by 2 and you have 1873 MHz thats your current ram speed.

Cpuz is reading what the manufacturer has programmed into the ram 12800. The manufacturer has tested the ram at 1866 with x x x timings and is selling it that way.
If you check above the red box in the pic you posted you will see Ram Speed 936.5 which is DDR so multiply by 2 and you have 1873 MHz thats your current ram speed.

hmmm so the label(with PC3-14900) on the actual ram I got is not true?... :confused: well nevertheless if the reading is true then I got to stick with it :rolleyes:

ram2.png

It is true because Gskill knows it'll run that speed. My ram is 2133 but it wouldn't surprise me if it shows as 1600 in CPUz.

If you click the memory tab in CPUz it will show that as well only it'll be half. Like 936

hmmm strange im running DDR3 1866 and in the label of the ram it has PC3-14900... but why the cpuz reading its on 12800?

1866 mhz is the "XMP" rating of the ram. XMP means, Xtreme Memroy Profile or something like that. You will have to set that manually in bios, along with the timings if you want to run it at 1866. Otherwise it will default to 1600 mhz. RAM is sold according to the XMP rating.

I stole this from another post just to illustrate. This ram says it's 1333Mhz(667) But if you notice the part # it says F3-14900 or 1866(933)

ram1.PNG

This is very common

667 is 1333 this person was running his ram at 1866. DDR or double data rate refers tto the ram signaling on the rise and fall of the frequency wave essentially sending two signals per cycle. Soo your ram frequency is actually 936MHZ BUT it is sending two signals per cycle Thats why we say 1866. I know clear as mud eh?

To put it another way, CPU-z will report ram frequencies at half of what you expect because it's reporting the bus frequency not the DDR3 frequency.

hmm guys I got somehow a confusing problem (for me hehe) when I shutdown my pc for example and turned it on back in the morning the the bios just randomly resets and the reading of my ram which is 1866; it is like the 1st time he detects it and the ram frequency he uses is the default "AUTO" or uses only the frequency 1600...

I already check the bios battery and I changed it already but still this problem randomly shows...

confusing and kinda need help/tips from you guys...

Back