• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dude, all I did was attach the raptors, went into bios set it so that it reads them and set raid-0.... viola! done.

i have heard of other people having sata issues with this board. hopefully a new bios will be coming out soon....

Has anyone tried overclocking with two different sticks of RAM? One of the things that I have read about this board is that its supposed to be able to use two different sticks of RAM and still work, but nothing about overclocking.

vio1, i was wondering if you have the newest lan drivers from the asus website. the ones that come with the motherboard are supposed to make internet browsing cpu intensive, and the newer drivers are supposed to fix it. my problem is i cant get the new drivers to work. i download the zip file, extract all to a folder, go into the windows folder and run the setup. from there i install the drivers. when i restart, i cant get an internet connection and i have to rollback the driver to get my connection back.

i cant even get to the asus downloads for this board... tried the german, north american and global versions of asus... nothing loads up! arg....

the drivers arent like brand new, but i believe they are different from the ones that it ships with. i have seen them there for at least 3 weeks, and i tried when i first saw them, but it just started bugging me more and more how my cpu usage shoots up to like 50% (1 full processor) when loading frozencpu.com. i am still dying for a bios update, everytime the site is down, i hope that its because they are updating it, but nothing new so far. whats up with that? how long does it usually take for new bioses?

are you talking about driver ver 6.28? I installed everything from the cd and I just realized that I already am using the v 6.28 .... I still get 100% cpu usage frozencpu.com...

yeah i have 6.27 and can't for the life of me get 6.28 to work. oh well

theres also a new beta bios, but i haven't had a chance to try it yet. i haven't heard anything spectacular about it yet, people have been getting pretty much the same results. those that were good before are still good, those that had memory issues still have memory issues

no i havent. im leary of trying it also, and i wont be back at my computer till sunday. there was only 1 person on abxforums that had tried it, and they only said that it didnt help their oc at all, so i havent heard of anything wonderful about it

i just installed the beta bios. everything seems the same. i am still not able to oc verywell. the best i can do is use the auto-overclocking to 10% if i set the fsb to anything over 230 i get instability. 240 i cant get into windows. i think one of the major reasons why you are having good luck is your ram. if there is a problem with the ram timings and or voltages, yours could handle it, mine couldn't. mine is value ram :(

edit: actually, now that i've messed around some more, i've found that i can get to windows at 235. i still have to check for stability though. it seems like the memory timing issue might be fixed, according to sisoft sandra. but i still think there are some memory issues. i have had my cpu to a fsb of 260 it wasnt 100% stable, but i was able to do stuff i normally do. prime failed after like 5 min though.

Last edited:
nope, stability issues bring me back down to 220. it seems like the ram timing issue is fixed but in the thread on abxzone, someone also mentioned that a possible source of error is memory voltage. vio1, does your ram run really hot on this mobo? mine does

also, im just checking, this board does have an AGP/PCI lock correct? i thought that it did, but then i read a thread about a different board that someone was having problems with and it struck me that i didnt know if it did or didnt. i looked through the bios and didnt see anything about agp or pci frequencies or anything, and i thought i read it in a review, but im just making sure. if anything, i would love to hear you say "no, you idiot, there is no agp/pci lock, you have to set it here and here" cause then i could improve my oc.......

never even crossed my mind... if there was a agp/pci lock.. come to think of it i dont believe there is an option to change it... but why would you want to change it? right?

My ram runs just as warm as it did in my old p4p800... its not hot at all.

i was just curious, i had assumed there was one, until i read another thread were someone else was having issues with a different board. then i thought that i had figured out my problem.

it is good to have it, but i was hoping the board didnt, cause if it didnt, and i wasnt changing it, that would be why i couldnt overclock. if that makes any sense

Asus is really slow with there updates for this board. Did they forget that they made them? I sent out an e-mail a week ago and nothing yet. We shall see.

Back