• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i tried the % ocing feature with memory at 200, 2.6v, slowest timings.
prime failed in a few seconds at 20% and in a few minutes at 10%

will asus rma a board becuase it doesnt oc well? i have also removed the stock chipset heatsink, will they still take it back?

i changed ram to some crucial, and results are the same. i am going to reseat the cpu block and northbridge heatsink when i get some replacement springs. if that doesnt help, im going to try and let this go

Hi Guys, I haven't posted here in a long time:eek:

Glad I found this thread.

I have this board and a 3.0E Prescott , I Upgraded from a 2.8B.

When trying to OC the prescott I run into a wall @220 FSB:mad: Will go higher but not stable. 5/4 divider.

Someone mentioned earlier about running 2 different sizes/makes of Ram and overclocking, well I have 2x256 adata DDR 450 & 2x256 Twinmos DDR 400. When I had my 2.8B in I could overclock the ram to DDR 462, but since I dropped in the 3.0.E it will not go above DDR430. Setting the ram to 450 in the bios does not work with the prescott but worked with the 2.8B NW (strange) I am going to take out the DDR 400 and see if the 450 works:eek:

Next DO NOT use MAXTOR SATA drives with this mobo, as the do not work. I have changed to Seagate Sata drives and they work like a dream.:D

BTW I think it is a great mobo for the cash. I people are hiiting a 240fsb limit with P4C Northwoods. I wish I could get there with this prescott.

Cheers

I'm hitting the wall at 217/220fsb, with HyperX3500. I'm running the 1003 beta bios. This memory was doing 240/2-2-5 on my bros 875 gigabyte board....boohoo. I thought I was homefree. I guess its the chipset heating up. I'll mess with it in a week or two. I'm still confused about the mem timings on this board. Even when i cut the mem back to 333 or so it gives the boot error. Dont get me wrong i'm still getting good numbers on test and stuff, but for bragging rights I have to get up to a 240fsb...lol On board sound is good but I can hear the mouse moving when no music is playing. I'll live with that too,for now. SBlive back in, if it annoys me too much. More later.

Another point, after reading this thread again.

Loads of people are hitting a wall @ 240 fsb on ABXzone. The review at Anantech says the same. Prom is getting 267fsb on his board.

I did not get a higher OC when I removed the Twinmos Ram:eek:

I have got a 2.4C coming in the next couple of days. It is doing 275fsb in an 875board.

So I will let you all know how it goes in this board.

I just want to prove either way, if there is a 240fsb limit with most of these boards.

I am thinking on getting an Abit AI7 to see if my 220 limit is the 3.0E or the mobo.

Cheers

Looks like Asus droped the board cause they dont care about it at all... no updates... ever.. this sucks.

I have been playing with the 2.4C and it is running stable @ 262fsb default vcore:p So my board has not got a 240fsb brick wall:cool:

I have just dropped in a different 3.0E and it is doing 240fsb @ 1.4 Vcore 3.6Ghz:clap:

If I try any higher windows loads, but I get BSOD's after a few minutes. If I increase the Vcore, it doesn't load windows, very strange:(

I am going to get some ddr 500 so I can run 1:1. I think there is somthing a miss with the dividers on the board.

I have adata ddr450 and when I set it to 450 in the bios the numbers are not what they should be.

Cheers.

BTW I will post back the differences between the AI7 and the P4S800D-E, when I try both CPU's. The P4C is going in the i865 now.

Jocky, what bios do you have? theres a 1003.001 beta on the asus website that i have been using and i seem to get less "no-boot" syndrome.
congrats on getting a decent oc. i have pretty much given up hope and have settled with vcore of 220.

what are you using for stability testing? i use 2 instances of prime95 and i fail within minutes at anything over 225. i have honestly tried everything i can. i think there might be something wrong with my board. does anyone have any experiences rma'ing through asus?

I sent back my P4P800DLX.... its rather easy... send an e-mail to asus support... and tell them that something is seriously wrong with it.. they will send you an rma # and then you send it out to them.... 4 weeks later I got my new board and sold it.

i sent a complaint to asus, and im going to see if i can RMA it. I replaced the stock northbridge cooling, do you think they'll care?

Yo, I loaded up the latest beta bios. but I havn't messed with the OC since. I'm at 217 with my KHX3500 2-3-3-6. Getting good numbers in all the tests and stuff. But I was hoping to get up to 3.2 or so with this 2.8/p4 Its a SL6WT made in china chip.Packed 2/4/04 So I was thinking it would OC, being a newer stepping and all. I know the memory does 250 no problem. I guess its the chipset heating up on me. I'm gonna go for 220-225 today I'll let you know how it goes. But I dont think the force is with this board I have.lol cpu volts 1.6/vdimm 2.85, Temps look good.For the price of the MB. I'm happy. it is snappy and no hanging or install problems. Onboard sound is betting than my SBlive at postitioning in games and mp3 sound clearer. BUT it does have that background white noise when you move the mouse or a window opens or shuts down. I guess im afraid of failure here. When I built my bros KNXP gigabyte box. I set it to 250 and fired it right up first time. Same memory that I have now. 2.6cpu. Now hes running a gig of pc3500 geil golden dragons. Hes at 3.25, no problem, but timeing arent as tight as mine...tehe So were like neck and neck right now. I would like to get a leg up, so I'll tinker some today.

Up to 230fsb 1:1 2.5-3-3-8 I got a reboot in bf42 at 233 fsb I think the memory controller is the roadblock now. Cause if I fiddle with the cas the fsb will goes higher. This memory did 250/2-3-3-5 in a gigabyte 875MB... boo hoo hoo! I have better numbers now than before at 217fsb, 2-3-3-6, so thats kool.:cool:

zip22 said:
i sent a complaint to asus, and im going to see if i can RMA it. I replaced the stock northbridge cooling, do you think they'll care?

no i dont think they will care... I had sent back my board after removing evidence that I did a vidmm mod...

I just swaped my 2.4C 400 FSB with a P4 2.6 Northwood 800 FSB. The Celeron was running great at 3.2 @133 Manually set, DDR to 333, Performance = Aggressive, DRAM timing = FAST, because I have 2 diff 526 sticks of RAM and dont know who made them, all the timing for the memory are set to AUTO.

After the swap, the P4 will not boot above 3.0 Manually and I can only use the 20% OC wich gets me to 3.11. :mad:

Any clue as to what is going on???

I've tried all the settings to AUTO except the AUTO OC and still cant use 30% or boot any higher then 240 FSB

those results seem to be the limit people have been reaching at 240 fsb. i think its a chipset limitation

:rolleyes: Back to 217...cas2-3-3-6 Its just not stable at anything higher than about 225fsb and I cant get as tight memory settings at 225 so I'm gonna stay here till I decide on a chipset cooler or not. Maybe sneak it up a mhz every day or so, till she balks. But I have the cpu volts at 1.6 and the monitors tell me its at 1.68 sometimes so Im a little weary of feeding her more juice although temps at load are 52c/33-39c idle.

Well I finally killed it :eek: :(

Manually set all so I would boot up to 3.00 @ 135is and new memory timmings to 2.5-3-3-6 with a bump in the Voltage of the DDR.

Ran Sandras mem benchmarch and the PC shut-down compleatly and at the same time my printer started to print out some weird carachters.

Now I tried to re-boot and nothing. All I get is the mouse pinter in a black background, but no desk top, no icons nothing.

I reset everything to default in the BIOS but I still only get the black screen and the pointer :mad: :mad: :mad: :bang head:

Did I killed the HD or just F-up the mem???

Forgot to say that the POST goes by with out any errors, I even see the XP splash screen, but then no desktop, no icons nothing. Just a lonely mouse pointer with nothing to click :(

retsgtcas said:
Forgot to say that the POST goes by with out any errors, I even see the XP splash screen, but then no desktop, no icons nothing. Just a lonely mouse pointer with nothing to click :(

Mine does the samething if I push the Ram to hard, me thinks you've knacked the memory:eek:

I Use Hot CPU PRO to check for stability and overnight looping of 3DMark. If it passes these it is stable.

I've been away all week, so I am going to put the prescott in the abit AI7 and see if it goes higher:eek:

Cheers

:cool: Well installed the 3.0 and ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU with out much trouble and am now runnig with better RAM. What timing should I use with the Kingston Value RAM 400 MHz PC 3200 with this beloved MB of ours ???

Back