• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus P5PKL AM IN/GB shutdown problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

Hi guys need help in a subject that never happened to me. I installed windows 7 32bit into my aunt´s desktop but i have a problem in shutting down the pc. It closes all running programs but the led´s, fans an so on they are still on.
To fully shutdown the pc i have to click the power button for 3 seconds.
Can someone help me??

Last edited:
Do you have Asus Pc Probe II installed? If so uninstall it it may be causing the issue. If that isn't the problem try this.

Click “Start”, on “Computer” click right mouse button and select “Properties”, click “Device Manager”, select “IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers” group, only contains one device called “VIA 1394 OHCI Compilant Host COntroller” on that click right mouse button and select “Properties”, select “Power Management” tab, and finally check the “Allow the computer to tur off this device to save power” box!
That’s all folks. After that the computer power down normally every time. Found this here

Do you have Asus Pc Probe II installed? If so uninstall it it may be causing the issue. If that isn't the problem try this.

Click “Start”, on “Computer” click right mouse button and select “Properties”, click “Device Manager”, select “IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers” group, only contains one device called “VIA 1394 OHCI Compilant Host COntroller” on that click right mouse button and select “Properties”, select “Power Management” tab, and finally check the “Allow the computer to tur off this device to save power” box!
That’s all folks. After that the computer power down normally every time. Found this here

Hi man. Thanks for the reply. No man i don´t have it installed. I read about it. And some guys said to do the same thing for network controllers. The question is i can´t find IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers in device manager neither in bios maybe i have to download the driver or something to be able to do that.

Maybe this will work, go to the Command line and type powercfg -requests it's to see what is preventing your pc from going to sleep. Maybe it will come up with something.

Maybe this will work, go to the Command line and type powercfg -requests it's to see what is preventing your pc from going to sleep. Maybe it will come up with something.

Hi mate i tried what u said.. I´m having troubles installing IEEE 1394, i get an error ( Error 10) Here some pics about installing IEEE, doing powercfg..

Attachments

• IMG_20151104_185639.jpg
    IMG_20151104_185639.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20151104_190528.jpg
    IMG_20151104_190528.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20151104_191519.jpg
    IMG_20151104_191519.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 26

I can translate the Pics.. With CMD i get Display: None.. System: None.. Awaymode: None.
In device manager i´m having problems as u can see in the pic. i tried some things for example looking for software online, on computer by the extension .inf and uninstalling and installing again.
The last pic is the instalation of the IEEE but some i get errors. I hope u understand what i´m saying. English is not my native language =)

I'm having problems understanding you no worries. I am having issues figuring out what could be causing the Pc to stay on. Now that the IEEE controller is showing up can you go into the power management properties and set it to allow the Pc to power down? I also found this

I'm having problems understanding you no worries. I am having issues figuring out what could be causing the Pc to stay on. Now that the IEEE controller is showing up can you go into the power management properties and set it to allow the Pc to power down? I also found this

Nope mate because something is going very wrong with the driver.. It doesn´t let me to install the IEEE driver. I get error 10 =(

Nope mate because something is going very wrong with the driver.. It doesn´t let me to install the IEEE driver. I get error 10 =(
Sorry I just read what I wrote, I NOT having problems understanding you. Honestly I'm at a loss, I'll look around and see if I can find some more info.

Sorry I just read what I wrote, I NOT having problems understanding you. Honestly I'm at a loss, I'll look around and see if I can find some more info.

No problem mate. i understood =). Tomorrow i´ll unplug my aunt´s desktop cables and plug them again. maybe another install. Maybe something went wrong don´t know.. Weird situation. Never happened to me.
Thanks for your patience mate!

Hey mate i did system restore. it rolled back 3 days.. Now i could install the IEEE 1394 driver built in windows. I didn´t need to do the power management for it. Now i can shutdown the pc properly. Thanks for your help and patience also.. I love this community =). Big thanks to you mate!

So one the IEEE 1394 driver was installed the Pc shut down properly? Good news glad it's sorted out. :D

So one the IEEE 1394 driver was installed the Pc shut down properly? Good news glad it's sorted out. :D

yep mate.. Like i said weird problem.. I could install the IEEE drivers after system restore. Now pc shuts down no led ON neither fans spinning =)).

Awesome good to hear!!! Just an FYI, I had the same problem on an Asus Crosshair V formula motherboard which was caused by their overclocking software program called Ai Suite. That is the reason why I asked if you had Asus Pc Probe II installed. Anyhow glad it's solved! Luck to you.

Awesome good to hear!!! Just an FYI, I had the same problem on an Asus Crosshair V formula motherboard which was caused by their overclocking software program called Ai Suite. That is the reason why I asked if you had Asus Pc Probe II installed. Anyhow glad it's solved! Luck to you.

I oc my cpu with Ai suite back in the days but i prefer old method =). Luck to u to mate! Last question mate how can i close this thread? Or i don´t close it??

Back