• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS rampage IV black edition crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Storm559

Hi all

I would like to ask if the bridgeless crossfire on R9 290x works with the ASUS rampade IV motherboard.

Welcome!

Yep. It is not motherboard dependent, but card dependent. Why such an expensive motherboard? Are you into benchmarking and extreme overclocking?

It is supposed to work on any motherboard that supports Crossfire, so it should work in theory.

Everyone I know with the RIVBE has been running SLI though.

Yeah i wanna OC a bit and also for future upgrades if needed... but mostly the OC thing.... what i found on the net it is good for 4930K and RAM OC.

You bought a $500 board for 'a bit' of overclocking?! A $250 board would be plenty for your needs honestly...

If you didn't buy it already, we can save you $200+. That board, while great, is really made for extreme overclocking, meaning using sub ambient cooling methods like Dry Ice and LN2 so there are a ton of features you will not be using/will not help over any other board.

A bit? You bought a $500 board for 'a bit' of overclocking?!

If you didn't buy it already, we can save you $200. That board, while great, is really made for extreme overclocking, meaning using sub ambient cooling methods like Dry Ice and LN2 so there are a ton of features you will not be using/will not help over any other board.

Agreed with EarthDog, if you aren't using sub-zero cooling the board is beyond overkill.

Yeah i wanna OC a bit and also for future upgrades if needed... but mostly the OC thing.... what i found on the net it is good for 4930K and RAM OC.

By extreme overclocking he is asking if you use anything like LN2, DIce, Phase Change, or TECs.

I highly doubt you do, meaning you could get a motherboard that's half the cost of the RIVBE and get the same performance.

I found the ASROCK X79 Extreme7 for 199 euro(yeah im from europe)... should do the trick... Ill see if i can replace since you say its a bit overkill

If your going to use a i7-4930K kindly make sure it will work with your Motherboard as some of the older Mobo's are not working out of the Box!! To be Bios ready and work with that CPU without having to up grade, So to save you that hassle and maybe that problem i would look to buy this motherboard instead. :attn:

1, http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-x79-deluxe-intel-x79-s-2011-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-atx

Yes this is slightly more money, but this is a new motherboard and not a old one!! ;) :thup:

Good Luck.

AJ.

Back