• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus rma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

I need a place on Asus site on how to check my rma status. Ive looked all over. The best I found was asus helpdesk, where you can request a rma. Anyone know how to check rma status.
Thanks

I dont remember how to do that off hand. You should call them. its much faster and they have cute sounding girls that work for them :)

Thanks
Using email to check rma status.
Asus does not, have a rma database online.

I heard that Asus' customer service sucks. Worst of any mobo makers. I'm so glad I've never have to do any RMA with them. Let us know if you have a good experience with them. Hope you do.

jcniest5 said:
I heard that Asus' customer service sucks. Worst of any mobo makers. I'm so glad I've never have to do any RMA with them. Let us know if you have a good experience with them. Hope you do.

This just scares me. Their emails seem pretty friendly. I hope they will go throw, without any problems. Please tell me what you mean by "worst".

I have to agree. I can't tell you how many times I have called them with problems, only to be told that they would give me a callback once a technician is free. I have to date never recieved a call from Asus. If you need something from them, just make sure you get it while you have them on the phone.

yeah man the support aff asus is ****
never received any answer t all my question:(

i've had a bad experience with asus support as well, my asus a7n8x mobo died and all they said in an email written in broken english from taiwan hq basically told me to take it back to wherever i bought it; even though i thoroughly explained what happened and what the problem could be, they replied in a sentence saying buzz off

I've had to RMA 2 DOA ASUS mobos in the past year and am in the process of the 3rd currently. Their customer service is pretty much non-existent. Calling gets the phone game like with Myhre's post.

Email and the web site is horrible. The first 2 RMA's went relatively smoothly. This latest one has been a hassle.

Typical Timeline
Day 1 - RMA request made.
Day 3 - RMA info given
Day 4 - Shipped off
Day 7 - ASUS recieved (The only way that I knew was that I booght the delivery confirmation package at the post office.)
Day 24 - Get new mobo back.

I only really had 2 problems with them:

1. ASUS never confirmed having the thing through the entire process on either of the 2 RMAs that I have completed with them. At least they could acknowledge they had the thing, it's not that hard to do.

2. The you're an idiot letter they sent back with both as well. The blah blah blah about how almost all of the problems are a result of user error and the list of things I should do to prevent this problem from occurring again.

orthus said:
Day 24 - Get new mobo back.

Yow!! Are you being serious when you say it takes over 3 weeks?

I checked the website I linked to above and they still aren't showing my MB as being there.

I guess I'll just have to be patient while waiting on my nForce2 board.

The good news is that I've recently picked up an extra 512MB DIMM (for a total of 1GB of RAM) and my ASUS A7V8X that I'm running as a replacement will run at a 180Mhz FSB 1:1 at 2-2-6 with my Mobile 2500. I think that's about what people usually get with a single stick of memory.

Yup. They say it takes them 5-10 business days, from when they recieve it, to complete the process. Then UPS took about 4 days to deliver it. Seemed like forever to wait.

I am very dissapointed with ASUS. I have rmad my board, after paying $20 to do a fast shipment. I wake up one week later, with exactly the same board I sent, with the exact same problem!. I cant believe this, I lost my self $20, I wont loose another $20 to rma. What should I do.

Problems
Temp sensor not working
3com lan wont work at all, when I plug in the cables leds wont fireup, windows, says cable uplegged.

I DO remember that send the exact same board, Ive called Asus rma again, and she says they replace it. THey did not. I know my board very well, Ive even had the same bios settings on it, as I did when rmaing it, and this one still does. All they did is change the serial sticker on the board.

I guess I am glad I bought MY A7n8x from newegg. I would highly reccomend them. I had mine for almost a year and it just died last week. I RMAed to newegg and here is my timeline
Monday: send Mobo via fedex express saver
Tuesday: they notify me by email and you can see on their RMA status link that they recieved the board
Wednesday: they ship me a new A7N8x E deluxe via fedex express saver
Thursday: receive a new mobo.

The combonation of Fedex and Newegg made me a very happy coustmer.

Damn, you even got E deluxe. Lucky guy. I cant order from Newegg, since I'm in Canada. Well what can I do about my current problem.

That sucks elec999.... I guess you only have two options at this point... send it back to ASUS again or scrap it.

Perhaps if you spoke with somebody and complained, you might get a little more attention. Don't be nasty, just try to make the work with you.

I sent my board in via priority mail on May 4th (at lunch time). ASUS didn't receive it until May 10th :mad: (which means the USPS screwed me on service)... I e-mailed ASUS about an hour ago requesting a status update (the RMA status page shows me nothing) and they stated that they received the MB on the 10th and to check back on the 14th for another update.

I can't really complain... if I get a new MB out of this, I'll be happy. The sad thing is that I paid $170 for my A7N8X Deluxe at a local store.. I had no confidence in my KT400 MB and I needed something quick -- that was the only decent board they had, even though I had no use for some of it's features.

I'll keep track of my progress with ASUS and update this thread. It wonder if the forums could come up with a way so that people could track their RMA experiences so others know which manufacturers/vendors to avoid.

This Asus send you a brandnew board. A newer rev. I have complained but they didnt do nothing. They changed the serial sticker.

jcniest5 said:

I had to RMA an A7N8X... requested an RMA... got one, sent it in and didnt owrry about it.. Doubt you can check it. Didn't have any issues my first time. Although chaintech OTOH..... :mad:

Back