• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus rma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RMA'd my P4C800-E. Took 6 weeks to complete the RMA.

During that time, I received no e-mails, no phone calls, no nothing.

I mailed them the mobo, and 45 days later, got a brand spanking new P4C800-E in the mail with no documentation or anything to go with it.

I'm thinking the extra delay was caused the need for the mobo to cross Canada/US Customs and be shipped from Toronto to California. :)

Asus definately needs to improve their communication skills during the RMA process. :)

Hey guys
The Asus rma is telling me, they sent me back a brandnew motherboard. But here the thing, the cpu socket, you could see stratches of how the cpu fan came off. The ram socket was open exactly, like how I left it. The nvidia, lan wont light the green lingt, just the send and receive, just like before. Its still a rev 1.4. And all they did is change my serial sticker on the parallel port. What can I do.

elec999 said:
Hey guys
The Asus rma is telling me, they sent me back a brandnew motherboard. But here the thing, the cpu socket, you could see stratches of how the cpu fan came off. The ram socket was open exactly, like how I left it. The nvidia, lan wont light the green lingt, just the send and receive, just like before. Its still a rev 1.4. And all they did is change my serial sticker on the parallel port. What can I do.

Tell them it STILL doesnt work and demand overnight replacement due to stupidity :D This is when you get to freak out on em if you get em on the phone ;)

I try man, but thye dont care, she told me to resend it, but I dont want to pay shipping again.

I e-mailed ASUS on Friday and they told me to check back on Tuesday... they confirmed receiving my MB on the 10th.

I e-mailed them today inquiring as to the status of my MB... it has already been shipped via FedEx and I'm due to receive it on the 20th.

I'll cross my fingers and hope they didn't simply change the sticker!!

To communicate with them, I e-mailed [email protected] and received an answer within 8 hours both times (the first time was less than an hour!).

I'll reserve final judgement until I receive a working MB, but right now I have no complaints. A 10 day turnaround from the time they received it to my doorstep appears to be pretty good IMO.

Yay! A day early!

Fedex delivered my MB this morning... a day ahead of schedule!

I've installed it and I'm setting up XP again. Upon close inspection, I noticed that the metal housing the ports on the back (PS2, LAN, etc) were a little scratched, indicating that this was not a new MB... it was either my old MB, or a refurb.

The BIOS version was the same as my old MB, but the settings were cleared, so I can't tell if it was the same part.

I put everything together, booted up, and everything is running smoothly thus far!

Yup... everything looks good. I'm running a M-2500 XP 11.5 X 180 @1.575v with 2X 512MB Corsair XMS 3200C2 RAM 2-2-11.

This is the speed at which I ran my old MB, except that was with only a single 512MB DIMM. I've run my processor at higher speeds, but I like the stability and relative coolness I get @ 1.575v

Yay! :D

Did they send you, a newer rev, or the same. Im just disapointed, I payd to get a overclockers board, and I cant overclock, becuase temp sensor are broekn, one of the lans not working, and its a rev1.4.

elec999 said:
Did they send you, a newer rev, or the same. Im just disapointed, I payd to get a overclockers board, and I cant overclock, becuase temp sensor are broekn, one of the lans not working, and its a rev1.4.

I sent them a 1.6 and received a 1.6 -- same revision. I nearly picked up a refurb for $50 off of NewEgg since I had all the other accessories (in the event that the refurb came bare), but I'm glad I didn't.

Hey guys
I have re rmad it. I believe they should send me a rev2.0 for what htye did to me. How can I beg them to send me one. I diserve one, but they dont want to.

You don't really have a say in what they send you back.

Asus is pretty good to their customers though you might get one in the mail.

Docta_Z said:
You don't really have a say in what they send you back.

Asus is pretty good to their customers though you might get one in the mail.
The lady there told me asus replaces with the exact same rev as before, nothing newer.

Well im kind of worried right now since i bought an a7n8x-e deluxe last week that seemed to have some problems so i decided to upgrade to bios 1011 so it might work better. I think i corrupted my bios chip and the system wont boot anymore (cleared cmos, still doesnt work) I guess it means i have to rma it but it dont feel like waiting 45 day like the other guy from canada.

Is there any chance they r gonna send me a new board, dont want to get the same board back or some other refurbs.

Is there anything else i can do?

p4nz3rf4ust said:
Well im kind of worried right now since i bought an a7n8x-e deluxe last week that seemed to have some problems so i decided to upgrade to bios 1011 so it might work better. I think i corrupted my bios chip and the system wont boot anymore (cleared cmos, still doesnt work) I guess it means i have to rma it but it dont feel like waiting 45 day like the other guy from canada.

Is there any chance they r gonna send me a new board, dont want to get the same board back or some other refurbs.

Is there anything else i can do?
It wont take 45days to rma. It will take like 1week for the board to get there, and one for it to get back. I did wait like 45days once when I did it thru the store.

Lol, was planning to do it thru the store.Ill reconsider :p
Just wondering: if the store sends it back, do i get to pay shipping?

Nope, if the board is still under warranty, and you baught it less then 1year the store has to replace it with a new one on the spot.

Back