• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth X58, Kingston HyperX T1 2000Mhz and Core I7 950 [BOOTPROBLEM]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sorry forgot its livecd type run

type sudo su
then fdisk -l

I tried that and it recognized all my drives(2 External drives (1TB and 500GB) my USB Pen (8GB) and my internal drive(500GB))

But i have managed to get a BSOD for a failure code so here it comes

0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9924) 0xFFFFFFFFc0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

i know the first sentence of numbers(0x0000007B) means INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE(Found thru google)

I have a similar build to yours, at least with the Sabertooth and i7 950. I can tell you that at first Windows was complaining about my Marvell driver and not finding the HDD I had attached there.

So, if you have your boot drive hooked up to the SATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors, try it with the standard 3 Gb/s ones. I had to download the Marvell drivers from ASUS's site and even then I had to use fdisk to see it and format it so that Windows would see it. After that, no problems.

I have a similar build to yours, at least with the Sabertooth and i7 950. I can tell you that at first Windows was complaining about my Marvell driver and not finding the HDD I had attached there.

So, if you have your boot drive hooked up to the SATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors, try it with the standard 3 Gb/s ones. I had to download the Marvell drivers from ASUS's site and even then I had to use fdisk to see it and format it so that Windows would see it. After that, no problems.
Well my hard drive is hooked up to the 3 gb port but the strange part is that it boots on my old board

Well my hard drive is hooked up to the 3 gb port but the strange part is that it boots on my old board

if it boots on the old board its because its reading the windows install that is associated with that board... you're going to have to fresh install with format over the current C drive.. try moving as much data as you can off C to another drive, then let windows reformat/reinstall over the C drive while hooked up to the new board

if it boots on the old board its because its reading the windows install that is associated with that board... you're going to have to fresh install with format over the current C drive.. try moving as much data as you can off C to another drive, then let windows reformat/reinstall over the C drive while hooked up to the new board

I need a SATA DVD Drive first but i have officially kidnapped my stepdads SATA Drive because i have lately installed WIN7 on it so i know there would be no driver erros or any of that kind, so i just hooked it up and haha brilliant it booted!

so i am just waiting till 20th jan or so when my sis will buy my nintendo wii so i can get some money for a new harddrive and a DVD Drive(I dont want to backup my HDD it will take over 30 hours, so ill just buy a new and let it boot from that.

30 hours? create a new partition on the current drive with enough room to fit the C drive (if you can) and just move from C to new partition.. shouldn't take 30hrs even if its 300gb of files

30 hours? create a new partition on the current drive with enough room to fit the C drive (if you can) and just move from C to new partition.. shouldn't take 30hrs even if its 300gb of files

theres not enough space on my C:\
i have 83GB left of 368GB
and 40GB out of 120GB on my other partition of C:\

I'll be receiving a SATA Drive today so i will be able to install a fresh install.

then i can get some 64 bit again, like the stupid person i was, i assumed that my stepdad didn't have more than 4 gb ram so i only installed 32bit on his HDD that i put into my comp.

Hehe and i have 6gb + 1 gb(VRAM) and i couldn't use it, so ill be happy again soon.

Back