• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus UEFI questions, are these settings the same? (P8Z77-V LK)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankieFingers

Hello all, I was just wondering about these settings I have enabled.
I see that they are on two different sections of the bios but can be disabled independently of the other, is there any different here?

The PC is running great right now so no issues just wondering and seeing what else there is to tweak out after my overclock.

rkymj8.png.jpg

Also I can't find too much info on this, should I be using EIST with Asus' turbo mode together, which is better for the processor or performance?

If you haven't already noticed this is my first UEFI bios experience, it's pretty cool! :D

Good Questions: If you disable in AI tweaker, save and reboot, it should show disabled in advanced.

For your overclock. Turn off Speedstep and Turbo Mode, Set your clocks and run full speed all the time (or at least until you find stability, then you can turn on speedstep if you want to save $15/mo on your power bill).

PS WELCOME!!!! :thup:

Thanks for the tip! I actually just finished my stability testing this morning for 4.5ghz.
I am using it with all the c states on as well as speedstep, I don't need it to be running on super power all the time lol. so everything seems good :)

So EIST works in conjunction with asus' turbo mode?

Nope, Asus Turbo Mode works with Intel Turbo Boost (same thing really), EIST lowers clock and power draw when not on load\cranks it back up when loading.

Back