• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Z87-PLUS / GTX780TI ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blastyan

Hi guys!

I bought the Asus Z87-Plus with a EVGA GTX780Ti and i have a problem. When the videocard is plugged in the 1st PCI-E slot windows wont boot. It just freezes on the windows logo in loading. The problem is intermittent. Sometimes it may boot fine but windows is laggy has hell when it does and will freeze eventually. However, when I insert the 780 in the 2nd slot everything is working fine. How can you explain that? Is the motherboard defect?

Thanks
Yann

Sounds like a bad PCI-E SLOT maybe the are bad connection pins in the slot, best to contact the seller about this!! ;)

Yann just tell them and hopefully they will exchange that Motherboard for you, after you have done that please come back to us, and let us know what was the result!! :attn:

Regards,

AJ.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS 2004 revision installed, or at the very least reset CMOS w/ the card installed in the 1st PCIe slot.

Back