• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, for the following couple of days, this is my sound system :beer:

IMG_0462.jpg

A 1985 boom box repaired with transparent sticky tape.

Ofcourse the sub had 3 dimensions, if it only had 2 dimensions, the bass response would be pretty flat :cool:

^ I read that, thought about how witty it was and proceeded to lough uncontrollably for a while.

No I gave it a 3 out of 5, because its a hi-fi joke... as if the pc variant isnt bad enough.... people getting pulled for having gliders strapped to their car roof.... now thats funny.

Inside a DNM 3C (3B SE - motherboard is the mod prototype of the 3C... cheers DNM a little treat for me)
Think I need to try the whole camera thing again.... Drunken Fool.

Fatman Valve Amp

Tivoli DAB

Tivoli CD

Project Switch Box & Custom Built Top Secret Phono Pre-amp.... OK I Carnt Remember what the hell I put in there.

Reson Cart... Hmmm Please.

Thorens - Due to Flake out this decade I think... german engineering back in the day.... winner.

Bowers & Wilkins

A Tape Deck! of all Things

Last edited:

Linn Katan

Star earth grounding, Field effect and a bank of leds to show it off (when not working)

3C Out of the sleeve... dust everywhere again... away for just a week or so... cheers guy nextdoor thats renovating the place!

001.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a new desk and rearranged my system. Here's my old setup I posted a page or two back.

Desk.jpg

Now here's my new one, I'm still working on getting things organized and doing a bit more wire management:
New-Desk.jpg

Monitor.jpg

I also moved my computer into a new case:
Comp-Case.jpg

I'll see your aged Technics and raise you 1970 Norman Labs :)

My gear is very much in development and the older speakers will be out of there soon. Here's a pic of my current setup with the new Paradigm Studio 40s flanking the Norman Labs I'm replacing. Note the HKB6 pairs used as speaker stands, rofl.. it's all they are good for these days.

I just moved into this house 1 month ago so it looks like crap and I'm missing the 46-52" LCD TV I'm still saving up for as well as the HTPC client that is currently in my bedroom at my desk until I get the aforementioned LCD TV.

Gear as you see it in these pics:
Shanling PCD300A, Akai GX-266D Reel > Pioneer SX-9 (true 125WPC) > Velodyne CHT10 (using Tape Out, manual sub volume.. sucks)
Speaker A switch: Paradigm Studio 40
Speaker B switch: Norman Labs 1 x 1" Tweeter, 1 x 1" Upper Mid, 1 x 12" Mids to Bass Woofer (Altec Lansing)
Not in use at the same time, of course.

speakersfull.jpg

cdreceiver.jpg

pair.jpg

trio.jpg

Last edited:
I helped instegate it because someone wound me up a tad... then 3,500 reads later I got round to posting some pics. #Laughs#
Its colorful... from Ghetto to mission control and all tangents included.
I like it!

Does this lose theme deserve a trip to stickyville?

Plenty of room for a Sticky up there :D

No lets see if it can bump itself another hundred times per four thousand Views LOL

Last edited:
-Tack-

Now lets keep it clean of off topic or excessive chat.

In other words; pictures with a brief description.

Arcam CD73/P80/A80 (A80 configured as a power amp... Thanks to jumper switches)
Brief enough?

Inside the CD73

Inside the A80 (Couldn`t get into the P80 a couple of self tappers are erm screwed)

Spot the jumpers competition... you win 5 minutes off your life.
The hula hoops round the four big Caps are vibration dampening rings... apparently.

(Crazy... its that sensative it sounds clearer because i`ve re-connected everything)

Last edited:
I just picked up a Salora 2001 (1973-1976) and accompanying speakers for free. They're in quite good condition given their age. The receiver has industrial capacitors inside, rated for 30 years at 40°C to 80% capacitance, so I don't think it will need a recap any time soon.

IMG_0041-4.jpg

The receiver is rated for 2x30W into 4Ohm, but that's about all that can be found about it. One thing is for sure, and that's that this is the bassiest amplifier I've ever heard. Not in a bad way, really, as it works great with the speakers, giving the whole system incredible coverage even with subsonic frequencies. I can literally feel the concrete floor shaking when going loud. It's got that typical "powerful" 70's sound.

IMG_0044-5.jpg

IMG_00302.jpg

The speakers are rated for 50W a piece, with 10-inchers on the top by "ITT":

IMG_0034-7.jpg

And a 4" midrange driver and 1" tweeter manufactured by Salora themselves on the front. I forgot to take a picture, and the covers are attached using spikes (wut), so I'd rather not remove them again. You can see them slightly in the third picture in this post.

The bass speakers have got some kind of really heavy cone, probably to give them a bit of extra thump into the floor. They're surprisingly sensitive for the weight. I'd say the whole speakers are at around 90-92dB/1W. There's no info to be found, though :(

If you don't know about Salora, they're a fairly local Finnish hi-fi producer, very popular in the 70's-80's, and can be found everywhere around here. They've got lots of good stuff in the mid-range area.

Last edited:
Back