• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got a pair of replacement woofers for the Saloras today from a mate, as the suspension on one has gotten loose, and I'm unsure if it can be fixed without refoaming completely, which could become a quite expensive story.

IMG_0516.jpg

Heavy duty stuff, they weigh about 2.5kg each.

#Laughs# Im using two 160mm bass/midrange drivers in my Katans and my neighbour wants me dead `its an earthquake apparently` <--- clean version :D
its just upsetting to look at big cones :(
I need to live in the middle of nowhere and buy a SUB!
Enjoy rockin your house anyway ;)

#Laughs# Im using two 160mm bass/midrange drivers in my Katans and my neighbour wants me dead `its an earthquake apparently` <--- clean version :D
its just upsetting to look at big cones :(
I need to live in the middle of nowhere and buy a SUB!
Enjoy rockin your house anyway ;)

If my neighbours were that whiny, I'd be dead. Top-mounted drivers aren't exactly neighbour-friendly ;)

V-dac (beating the pants off sound cards and weighs in at £150ish Winner!)

thrice times inputs... Computers, CD players.. erm squeezeboxes... whatever really :-/

Note the impressive £1.60p ferritte coil mod

My recommended 2point audio solution, optical from PC`s worked best and COAX for the CD player (Handy!) not tried USB thus far.

Specs

Up sampling 24BIT 192KHZ
Output impedance 47ohms
Max output 2.2v
Total harmonic distortion 0.004% 20Hz-20KHz
Frequency response +0, -0.1dB 20Hz-20KHz
Crosstalk -104dB 20Hz-20KHz
Signal / noise ratio -116dB "A"-Weighted
Total jitter 170ps -89dB
Power requirements 12V DC 500mA

Connections
Digital inputs 1 RCA(coaxial), 1 TOSLINK (optical), 1 USB (type B)
Line level outputs 1 pair RCA sockets

Also theres an Upgrade PSU http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/musical-fidelity-vcan-vdac-vlps-power-supply.html

Worth the spend for sure but besides a listen all day sound it wont fill real high end shoes... just isnt accurate enough to give real image space from the tip of your nose to infinity... not that much is really (not for even mildly insane cash)

A ferrite bead is a passive electric component used to suppress high frequency noise in electronic circuits. Ferrite beads employ the mechanism of high dissipation of high frequency currents in a ferrite to build high frequency noise suppression devices. Ferrite beads may also be called ferrite cores, ferrite rings, ferrite EMI filters, or mistakenly as ferrous beads.

or in other words stop the conduction of unwanted frequencies in a signal/cable.

Heres my bling bling speaker termination board... its so blingy #Laughs#
bling.jpg

3c.jpg
never did photo the 3c pre amp in one piece
3cp.jpg
power supply with super high quality erm logo sticker #Laughs# (as well it sounds amazing)

Mine:
Pioneer Sx-980 driving a set of speakerlabs. Sansui SE-7 Equalizer and a AR XA turntable. Gotta love the warm analog sound. It's the first thing I come home to everyday. Takes the edge off the day :) Nothing like plopping down and throwing on a Floyd record and enjoying a glass of vodka :)

2751387085_213e14a9d6_b.jpg

2752222160_939dae94a1_b.jpg

2751389233_0ca632ef62_b.jpg

2751391329_6137208042_b.jpg

The Pioneer had a burned out display bulb in those photos. I've since replaced it :)

Thanks! I had been wanting a true GOOD audio setup for a long time and finally bit the dust. It's nearly a obsession now. I can't quit scouring cragslist for old audio stuff, haha.

Nice volvo chair in the background. What year/model do you have? I am rocking a 97 850 wagon.

Just picked this up from the original owner with original box and paperwork for $20. It was dirty and crackly, but I cleaned it all up.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

DIY accepted? :)

My class AB power amp.
I designed the board but copied someone's schematic.

IMG_1910.JPG

Filter Caps (for testing atm... need bigger caps)

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

Temporary case:

IMG_1961.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice. Seeing those trannys on them big old heatsinks made me wonder.. Anyone ever watercool an amp?

Very nice. Seeing those trannys on them big old heatsinks made me wonder.. Anyone ever watercool an amp?

haha, nice. That would be great.

I am loving the DIY stuff. I am excited to have time/money later in life to start building my own solid state amps.

Back