• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nosaj281288

I've just bought a pc tower and I'm using my tv as a monitor via HDMI but have no volume I'm just wondering how do I know of my pc supports volume through HDMI

Are you using an HDMI port on the PC end of the video cable? You would need to have the video cable plugged into an HDMI port on on the TV and on the computer. On the computer end this could be via the motherboard's integrated graphics or via an add on video card that has an HDMI port.

You would also need to go into your TV's settings menu and make sure that audio input is set to HDMI.

What would not work is to use a DVI to HDMI cable where the DVI end of the cable is connected to the computer. DVI carries only a video signal. HDMI carries both.

Also make sure your onboard/graphics card supports audio over HDMI. Go to the volume icon in the taskbar and right click>playback devices and set your TV as default device. If that option isn't available your graphics solution may not support audio over HDMI. The last isn't too likely with most current gear, but with no info on your setup it should be mentioned.

Back