• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Autozone zero tolerance policy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He's lucky, in NZ if you present a firearm at a robber then YOU get arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm and the offender is portrayed as the innocent victim who is forever traumatized because he had a firearm presented at him.

Most large companies have a similar policy. Some even worse so. I worked at one company where even saying something mean to a robber would get you fired on the spot.. err well 20 minuites after the cops are done interviewing you anyways. One of the local mcdonalds franchises in my area fired an employee who disarmed a robber with his mop and prevented the store from being robbed. He was not only fired but the owner of the store sued him for putting the other employees at risk(I know its a stretch) and won.

Now dont take this attitude to mean I agree with it. I personally violate no firearm signs on a regular basis and if someone were to try and rob me they would quickly meet the end of my concealed carry pistol, but these policies are infact intended to protect the employees...

I agree with one of the last comments made in the article were supposedly Cam Edwards said "The nation needs more people like McLean" this is true. Signs do not stop acts of violence, armed citizens can.

Last edited:
I don't shop there anyway, but you can't get upset with a company that doesn't want it's employees to possibly get hurt or die for trying to protect products/money that doesn't even belong to them. If I owned a company like that I'd have the same policy. "It's not your money, don't risk your life for it" makes plenty of sense to me.

Autozone sells computer parts? Interesting.

Cant say this will stop me from buying there, crap parts or not, LOL!

I don't shop there anyway, but you can't get upset with a company that doesn't want it's employees to possibly get hurt or die for trying to protect products/money that doesn't even belong to them. If I owned a company like that I'd have the same policy. "It's not your money, don't risk your life for it" makes plenty of sense to me.

My problem with it is. You know how many times a robber just offs everyone after they get what they want?

So your willing to gamble that the guy would not of decided to take care of them two to help cover himself a bit more.

Yeah I guess we could think about it a million different ways. Him coming back with a gun could of got one of them killed. I'd rather see people die that way tho then watch someone die on there knees unarmed to a piece of BLEEP.

I am all for this type of action I used to work at a store and 4 stores down on the strip there was a place that did pizza and grinders. Robbers went in made a 16 year old kid get on his knees and shot him. It was pretty messed up here in michigan. I lived right across the street from one of the two men they had found out did it.

Different situation but these guys we're robbing places and killing people that was not the only place they had robbed. People would give them the money and they would still make them get on there knees and kill them.

Also don't get me wrong I'm not some gun nut that's all about arming everyone I own one shotgun that was my father's for hunting and that is it.

There are situation's that people should not go back in with a gun. Like say both of them got out of there then yes you do not go back into a store with a gun looking for the guy.

I think this has zero to do with autozone's products and more to do with people's lives. The products and money saved are just a bonus.

Also as someone said above about mcdonalds etc this country is turning into a.... .well you get my point.

I guess growing up in Detroit I have a very different view on things.

(btw pantera sry if it comes off as I'm attacking you)

Last edited:
lol i always buy from oreilly's their 4x4 parts all have lifetime warrantys :D oh what snappeda cv shaft? heres a new one fo free!

not to mention everything at oreilly's costs less and they generally are more knowledgeable than autozone

My problem with it is. You know how many times a robber just offs everyone after they get what they want?

So your willing to gamble that the guy would not of decided to take care of them two to help cover himself a bit more.

Yeah I guess we could think about it a million different ways. Him coming back with a gun could of got one of them killed. I'd rather see people die that way tho then watch someone die on there knees unarmed to a piece of BLEEP.

I am all for this type of action I used to work at a store and 4 stores down on the strip there was a place that did pizza and grinders. Robbers went in made a 16 year old kid get on his knees and shot him. It was pretty messed up here in michigan. I lived right across the street from one of the two men they had found out did it.

Different situation but these guys we're robbing places and killing people that was not the only place they had robbed. People would give them the money and they would still make them get on there knees and kill them.

Also don't get me wrong I'm not some gun nut that's all about arming everyone I own one shotgun that was my father's for hunting and that is it.

There are situation's that people should not go back in with a gun. Like say both of them got out of there then yes you do not go back into a store with a gun looking for the guy.

I think this has zero to do with autozone's products and more to do with people's lives. The products and money saved are just a bonus.

Also as someone said above about mcdonalds etc this country is turning into a.... .well you get my point.

I guess growing up in Detroit I have a very different view on things.

(btw pantera sry if it comes off as I'm attacking you)

You're not attacking me dude, don't worry, I've got thick skin.

I agree and disagree with you. The fact that the guys went and got a gun of his own is different than trying to disarm someone when you have no weapon. Going to get a weapon out of a vehicle and COMING BACK INSIDE is crazy, brave, but crazy. Yes, he could have saved people's lives, but the dude that was robbing the place may have had an empty gun as well. You just never know. There really isn't a good way to look at a situation like this for the simple fact that EVERY situation is different. This time, nobody got hurt, next time, who knows? That's why companies have these policies. 90% of the time random robberies are guys that need quick cash, they go in then out and it's done. Sometimes one of them is crazy and decides to shoot people, and an employee trying to stop them may make things worse.

My point is, it's a gamble in these situations. One time it's brave, then next stupid. You just never know.

I've been robbed at gun point; pistol whipped and even got to bury one of my best friends after he decided to "comply" with the gunman and not put up a fight. After all that... My stand on this is: To hell with company policy, to hell with all of it... If you pull a gun on me and I have a chance to jump you and take it from you, or I have a gun of my own with me... We're dancing. Never gonna risk getting shot for being "passive" again.

I've been robbed at gun point; pistol whipped and even got to bury one of my best friends after he decided to "comply" with the gunman and not put up a fight. After all that... My stand on this is: To hell with company policy, to hell with all of it... If you pull a gun on me and I have a chance to jump you and take it from you, or I have a gun of my own with me... We're dancing. Never gonna risk getting shot for being "passive" again.

+1 to that. You should be allowed to pwn those n00bs COD style for doing stuff like that.

Better to lose your job than to lose your life. All these gun control advocate freaks are out of their minds trying to take guns from law abiding citizens.

I always like Checker/O'Reily better anyways :D

yea i dont think im going to autozone, though i havent been there in years, really no need. this is just more of a now im really going to try to avoid going there. i mean, he didnt have it on him while working! though its 50/50 like said, his friend may have been killed. not being in his shoes and what was going through his mind, why not shoot the robber. the ever escalating of crime and need to not get caught, now this guy ran away. next time he robs someone one, he might just shoot the 2nd person first and then the other person after getting the money. criminals never stop being such and only escalate, do what they need to, to not get caught.

my comment stemmed mainly from the situation that happened as posted. i have read so many news things where people get robbed and that person(s) wind up taking it to the next level when another thing about them is in the news. as in one case here in texas, forget the city. an elderly couple was robbed while taking money out at a bank drive thru atm. the elderly man got out of his car and shot him, later while the elderly guy was in court. it came out the guy he shot and kill, had robbed 4 others that day. while the others one were say less agrressive. the last one where he was shot he was all up in the guys face at his car vs not being that brazin in the other ones. in that sense yes he was escalating after each one, had he not been shot(not saying he should have been just that it happened). while being "what if" since he is no longer living, he might have killed the next one after the elderly couple. seems with this story as is what my comment was ment for, is said he robbed 30 other places. so...

if illegal about the only thing is speeding, but 5mph over the posted limit i find legal. if people can drive 10-15mph lower then posted limit, like in some cases i have seen on the hi-way. this is for something completely different and not for what my comment was referenced to.

Back