• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AWOOGA!! MaxPC are back on our threat list! AWOOGA!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure exactly which unit got credit and which didn't. Also, I have a couple 4k credits here and there that I can't account for. Also, I just noticed that a couple of my computers couldn't send for almost a day. I'll wait for the servers to clear up and keep an eye on it then - assuming I get credit for the next WU.

If you open the fahlog.txt, with a text editor, and search for 64(100), you should be able to quickly see which work units have completed successfully. Then glance down just a bit further, and you should see the welcome and thanks messages from Folding@Home, as well.

The strange 4k credits may be wu's that had an error, and returned for only partial credit. That too, would be noted in the same file.

I'm currently crunching for the Rosetta team (back from the SETI team). If you want to aim some folding rigs at my account, (just for testing purposes, of course), I promise not to complain too much about it. :rofl:

Good luck!

If you open the fahlog.txt, with a text editor, and search for 64(100), you should be able to quickly see which work units have completed successfully. Then glance down just a bit further, and you should see the welcome and thanks messages from Folding@Home, as well.

The strange 4k credits may be wu's that had an error, and returned for only partial credit. That too, would be noted in the same file.

I'm currently crunching for the Rosetta team (back from the SETI team). If you want to aim some folding rigs at my account, (just for testing purposes, of course), I promise not to complain too much about it. :rofl:

Good luck!
Those 4K units could well have been a3's as I got several during the CS bigadv down time.

Looks like almost all my work units have not been sent in on first try - some take a day. Some get WUs right away, some don't. Awesome, 85k ppd from three 2600Ks and an i7 hex all folding 24/7!

The Fahlog.txt doesn't go back very far, so that didn't help me. With all the WUs not being sent in to the server, it "makes sense" that they would lose out in the bonus points, even though my WU was done 24 hours earlier. Winning!

Looks like almost all my work units have not been sent in on first try - some take a day. Some get WUs right away, some don't. Awesome, 85k ppd from three 2600Ks and an i7 hex all folding 24/7!

The Fahlog.txt doesn't go back very far, so that didn't help me. With all the WUs not being sent in to the server, it "makes sense" that they would lose out in the bonus points, even though my WU was done 24 hours earlier. Winning!
:rofl: I'm not sure posting that will get you any extra credit at f@h.:D

Not looking for any extra credit from FAH. Just sitting with my tiger blood and venting a little.

OOh, a little Burgandy vino perhaps to cheer you up?;)

I like Burgundy, but it brings out the bitterness in the situation. With all the heat from the computers folding, I think a cold beer would be a better match - or maybe a gin and tonic. Mmmmm gin. OK, Broker's Gin and tonic to start, beer after that to watch the hockey game with and some hard booze if Boston loses or I don't start getting some of these points!

edit: Boston leading 4-0 at the end of the first makes me feel better :)

edit edit: Boston won 5-2 and the FAH server gave a new/accepted the completed WU right away on a 2600k! Bi-Winning!

Last edited:
If my imaginary i7-2600K could fold it'd be doing so. As would the real GTX 560 I've got here. Just need an SSD and a processor. That 15k ppd is the GTX 560 :p

Edit: Folding on i5-430M and Dell Vostro with core2duo as 24/7 as I can ;)

If my imaginary i7-2600K could fold it'd be doing so. As would the real GTX 560 I've got here. Just need an SSD and a processor. That 15k ppd is the GTX 560 :p

Edit: Folding on i5-430M and Dell Vostro with core2duo as 24/7 as I can ;)

Nice! I'm the same, if I had a SR-2 or two with some hex cores it'd be folding 24/7.

Sorry I haven't been about these last few days to help with the chants, flew to San Francisco on Saturday to see my fiancée and today is the first chance I had to get online properly :screwy: As I write this post I ma sitting in the home of Folding@Home, I am in the School of Medicine's Library in Stanford University. I guess you could call it a pilgrimage :thup:

I have 3 threads folding on an I7 860 and I put my gtx 460 into the fray as well. I might get my 2500K going as well we'll see

Let's get that whole group-think / imagination / 90% unused brain thing going and start some spontaneous manifestation of machines... :comp:
POOF!
1.gif
Here's a 2600K flying your way July 1st and perhaps some odds and ends too before that.;):D

Last edited:
huh, looks like my team rank for T32 is 995 and I am about to slip past 1000! Haven't folded in a few years, now sounds like as good a time as any to get back into it. Won't be a big contributor, but it will atleast be a drop in the bucket.

huh, looks like my team rank for T32 is 995 and I am about to slip past 1000! Haven't folded in a few years, now sounds like as good a time as any to get back into it. Won't be a big contributor, but it will atleast be a drop in the bucket.

Welcome back! It is good to see you here again! :thup: :salute:

I broke up my sli for now and have a 570 grinding away ontop of an e8600 :D

The other day I was running all of my gpu's and my 970 on A3 work, with the 465 running upstairs but it was way too hard on the juice for only 2k ppd more.. The upstairs machine is just a farmville box and it feels weird haveing such a good card in there lol. But its comfy working hard for us, so it can sit there for awhile.

Back