• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back crunching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vento1

High everyone well after being away for nearly two years decided to get something crunching again its not much but every little helps.
The rig is as follows
mobo Blackops
cpu QX9770
gpu 9800 GX2
I have installed the optimisations (a very clear and easy to follow guide on that) i had a lot of computation errors to start with, they were all with the cuda wu's solved the problem by going into nvidia control panel and selecting use only one gpu. But dont worry the rig is still crunching two cuda wu's and four cpu wu's at a time.
Its nice to be back.

Welcome back!!

Now...it's possible that those computation errors you were seeing were legit.
In short, if you are using the Optimized files, these apps kill VLAR workunits...which show as comp. errors.
This is done to keep your GPUs from wasting time on a workunit that takes much longer to compute than a standard cuda WU.

So it's "possible" that what you were seeing was normal.

You should have some nice numbers out of that setup in any event :beer:

Last edited:
It'll be good to see your name moving up the ranks again! :)

You've lost a few team positions since you were here last but with that rig it won't take long to make some of them back ... ;)

Thanks for the welcome back i see a lot of things have changed since i have been away congrats on 7th place.
What happend to Seti synergys stats site used to be good for info, but at least setiatwork is still up and running.
Very interesting Codeman about the wu's, just glad i did not muck up the install.
Not sure what sort of rac this setup will give me been out of the loop too long, its the family pc so it wont be optimised like i would want oc'd to the max with minimum services running.

I've been running a team stats page that collects data in the same way SETI@Work does for quite a few years now.

http://ghanima.hopto.org/ocseti

EDIT: The numbers are a little wonky at the moment because of the issues that SETI had for a while that ended last week.

EDIT2: nevermind, we're far enough past the issues that they don't show up anymore.

Last edited:
Nice stats site stryfe added to my list thanks mate.
Awesome, nice to know a couple people might be using it :)

And welcome back! I've recently shown up again after being MIA from the forum for quite some time myself. Was it the building a of a new rig that got you interested again? It was for me.

I now use your stats site the most as it updates more often than the rest.

It was the building of this rig that got me back into it as my children and wife could never remember to switch the thing off when they were finished doing what ever they do on it, so i thought i would give seti a go again. I always ment to get crunching again just did not realise how much time had gone by.

Back