• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 = Awesome. Time Limit = Lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
alot of the servers have already gotten "around" the 12 minute time limit :)

xCRF450 said:
ok , i pretty much was as hyped up as could be for this game, and to tell you the truth it really lets me down... i haev a 6800GT, with 13 ping, and the fame is choppy as ****... is that what i am supposed to expect on high settings? so what if i like eyecandies, i buy the nice (so i thouht) card for that... i am really ****ed. that game is cool, if it worked, it just makes me really mad. all the sudden it will go down to like 1 fps, and be choop for like 30 seconds where you cannot even play, i want to throw my monitor when i am flying something and it does that. the game better have fixed all that, or maybe i am just trippin, and should turn my settings down i dunno, my friend 6800U does it as well, i am really po'd

must be something on your system

mine runs flawlessly-- very smmooth

The 12 minute time limit is fine to me. It's not like after the 12 minutes the game exits to the desktop. In fact, if you get into a server with 10 rounds, the 12 minutes won't even phase you.... as much because you won't have to wait for the map to re-load.

BTW, is it just me, or was the first time you guys loaded the map, it took the longest?

NiTrO bOiE said:
The 12 minute time limit is fine to me. It's not like after the 12 minutes the game exits to the desktop. In fact, if you get into a server with 10 rounds, the 12 minutes won't even phase you.... as much because you won't have to wait for the map to re-load.

BTW, is it just me, or was the first time you guys loaded the map, it took the longest?

yeah when it was first loading it took like 5 minutes i was like "OMG, gonna need more ram" but it was actually "optimizing graphics" or somthing, it said what it was doing in small print above the load bar.

Im not really bothered by the time-limit. IMO the online play is really laggy. An explosion goes off and I get like 3 fps (Not joking) and in single player, I can have as many explosions go off and my fps never drops below 40 or 50. Plus, the shadows are really screwed up, some covering the entire map then disappearing. I pinged 20 when this happened with 0 P/L.

Game looks pretty cool so far, but in my opinion the graphics aren't that much better that BF:V. Anyway, I know I'm a dumbass and all, but can anyone tell me how to change my name? I mean, I created an account, but the name I have on there is not the name I want to use in game and I can't find a way to change it. Thanks...

Ha_hA_HA! said:
Game looks pretty cool so far, but in my opinion the graphics aren't that much better that BF:V. Anyway, I know I'm a dumbass and all, but can anyone tell me how to change my name? I mean, I created an account, but the name I have on there is not the name I want to use in game and I can't find a way to change it. Thanks...

i dont think you can because in the full game that name you create will stick with you and you will gain ranks......i dont know if im right or not but i didnt see a way.

Drec said:
alot of the servers have already gotten "around" the 12 minute time limit :)

Are you serious?

To change your name you have to make a new account with lamespy.

NiTrO bOiE said:

The reason it took the longestis because it was doing shadows so it could do maxium performance.

And ive been playing all morning till 1:00 :cool:

It runs fine on my vid card. Look out for kitler2 :p c ya on the battlefeild

I've been looking at screen shots, and they look gorgeous. I don't know how it'll run on a 9800 pro though.

I have a 9800 pro 128 mb and it runs fine on default settings which are medium.

my default settings were all high.. :( maybe i just need to find a good server .. it takes so long after you change your settings...

I just read the planetbattlefield forums and someone found out how to disable the 12 minute time limit. Just got to get the news to the server admins.

Back