• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2 = Awesome. Time Limit = Lame

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
guys stop dl'ing BF2 ur making my download go so slow...... je blague (j/k...)

Can't wait to play it. Im kinda confused on this 12 time limit but ill figure out what it means when I play it.

With my luck it wont work... thats what happened on the Doom 3 Demo. Waited 1 hour for nothing then another hour to dl it again.

Ok you know how in bf1942 / bfv you could set a time limit for each round? Like a 30 minute time limit and then the map would be over. With this demo you can only play 12 minutes which isn't enough time to actually drain the other teams flags.

where are the commander controls, I am playing single player mode to get cozy for now..i became a commander but couldnt do nothing..hmm

Is there a manual somewhere, I want to find out how to get the upgraded weapons

the 12 minute timelimit isnt long enough, they really ether should have just not had a timelimit or had the timelimit be more like 30-45 minutes so you can acutally get a feel for the game

Radical said:
There isn't a 12 minute limit in the retail version, is there?

no of course not, it's just there to make you hungry for more.

Also knowing the command controls would be good

I wish they would include a PDF of the manual instead of having all the intro videos, BTW does anyone know how to skip those

is anyone else having trouble creating an account for the multiplayer portion?
I fill out the info, click the [Create Account] button, and the screen pops up saying Creating Account... and it just sits there... for the past 1/2 hour!!!

sheldron said:
is anyone else having trouble creating an account for the multiplayer portion?
I fill out the info, click the [Create Account] button, and the screen pops up saying Creating Account... and it just sits there... for the past 1/2 hour!!!
yes, it's probaly your firewall/router preventing you from connecting to gamespy, i have no idea why my router hates gamespy so much but i can't get on unless i unplug my router, which im not gonna do so guess i'll just wait for the real game.

I had the same problem and I have no firewall

Okay so I found out you get the weapon upgrades through in game accomplishments, but has anyone managed to get an upgrade in the 12 minutes they give you

ok , i pretty much was as hyped up as could be for this game, and to tell you the truth it really lets me down... i haev a 6800GT, with 13 ping, and the fame is choppy as ****... is that what i am supposed to expect on high settings? so what if i like eyecandies, i buy the nice (so i thouht) card for that... i am really ****ed. that game is cool, if it worked, it just makes me really mad. all the sudden it will go down to like 1 fps, and be choop for like 30 seconds where you cannot even play, i want to throw my monitor when i am flying something and it does that. the game better have fixed all that, or maybe i am just trippin, and should turn my settings down i dunno, my friend 6800U does it as well, i am really po'd

Ok, you can't rank up on the demo only on the retail version. Caps-lock is the commander view. I have a 9800 pro and I'm running everything on medium and it's not choppy at all. If you don't want it choppy either A. Find a better server / B. Lower settings

yeah my FX5900 is doing 800x600 on Medium very well. but ima buy a 6800GT tomorrow.

i was just practicing with the helo's i think its lame that the wind doesn't move the grass or make the water ripple that would be so cool.

i been playing 1024 4x/8x AA/AF in single player with all game settings maxed....seems to run pretty fast ....yea I found the caps lock key..duh...pretty neat to see the bodies blowing up in the air from the arty strikes..heh..

Attachments

• screen000 (Small).jpg
    screen000 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 213
The C4 is the **** in this one, stick it to a Helo then jump out over a base and detonate, i killed like 4 people hehe.

i think im in love, im the black one on the back :)
Hummer

Last edited:
The game is pretty good, though the time limit and map totally suck. The small version of the map is better, though.

damn u guys should not complain, the game looks awesome on those screenies. U don't wanna know what it looks like on my crappy fx5200 (can't use my Ti 500 cuz this POS game doesnt support PS 1.1). But it run great, way better than I expected.

I like the game, everything feels smooth and stuff and it plays alot better than the previous battlefields. I'm having so much fun driving those small fast cars! I just run them into a base with enemies all over the place killing about 5 of them then jumping out and finishing the rest with the grenade launcher. And the tank pwnz as well, although it's very vulnerable to those air attacks and the AT missiles.

Time limit sucks, hope there's a way around it. And they really should support SM 1.1 cuz when I got the full game I don't wanna have this POS card in just to play one game.

man 12 minute time limit? jeeez makes me wonder if its worth me dl it now..

What a crud demo..

Actually for get ti I can wait till 20 june.. I aint even going to bother.. 12 mins a round isn't worth a 559.9mb downlaod..

Back