• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can also use ATI tools to Show FPS in ANY Game plus use temp monitor. Just have to set up Whats Monitoring In the settings. My Temps are shown in Trey, and FPS are in every game.

Harry

What sort of settings should I be running on my system? And if i had to upgrade what should I? The ram? To 2gb's, it seems as though a lot of people like that upgrade. Im running it at 1280x980, and when i turn around it gets a little laggy, not always though. The big maps seem like a huge memory hogger to me, I love the 64 man servers too, does that effect the lagging (not internet wise). But anyways, just met me know what you think.

i know this isnt the place but so many seem to bash this game in this thread and i think its the greatest game ever made. sticken up for my battlefield

PLOBBY said:
What sort of settings should I be running on my system? And if i had to upgrade what should I? The ram? To 2gb's, it seems as though a lot of people like that upgrade. Im running it at 1280x980, and when i turn around it gets a little laggy, not always though. The big maps seem like a huge memory hogger to me, I love the 64 man servers too, does that effect the lagging (not internet wise). But anyways, just met me know what you think.

Adjust it yourself untill you like the FPS.

Me, i need at least 50FPS without drops to be able to fly well.

I really can't believe how may people post here expecting amazing frame rates with older or mid-range graphics cards and mid range processors and poor ram.

If your PC isnt latest state of the art then you wont get good framerates on latest games so turn stuff down. Drop the res, AA, Aniso, detail level etc.

If you're playing on line you want zero "lag" on your local end or you will die every time you get in a fight. The real internet lag you get from time to time is enough without having screen after screen pause because a helicopter exploded over head.

Rather than game on 1280 and get lag when moving, drop it down to 1024 or even as low as 800 and also you can go into custom mode rather than medium and drop some of the stuff you down need down.

This will make the game more playable and you will kill more. FACT!

If you want to look at the prety graphics, just do that on single player mode... if you want to play the game for what it is... get your framerate up!!

Note: I run my shuttle with a 9800pro on LOW settings and at 1024. Still looks ok (not great like with my 7800gtx) but it runs at a speed that works for my rig.

(This is not a flame against anyone, so don't take it as one... just advise)

Last edited:
Ive got a problem here.. Whenever I join a server, the game itself keeps going with everybody moving and all, but I cant move my mouse at the starting screen and cannot push ESC. I have to Alt+Tab out and Ctrl+Alt+Del it to kill it. Ive restarted my computer many a times and reinstalled BF2, with no luck :(

Sjaak said:
Update your drivers, VGA / mouse / DX
Yup, then if that don't work, calm all your OCs down. {CPU and RAM}

If your OC isn't 100% stable then BF2 will hit that instability very quickly.

Ok, let's see if you guys can solve this one.. I have an OK computer, or atleast good enough to play BF2 I thought..

I set everything to low/off 800x600 and a 70% view distance. I average between 5-25fps.... It's simply unplayable. I've tried all sorts of drivers and reinstalling but nothing seems to work. Every other game is fine and dandy. I can Run CS source at full quality and get 140-180Fps

I'm running

P4 2.4 (Runs at 2.88 stable, I've tried both overclocked and not overclocked)
1 gig corsair Pc3200
Abit IS7
Gigabyte 6600gt

I've also tried the card at factory settings and overclocked. The game runs slightly better overclocked, but it's still nothing to brag about.

Please Help!

P4 2.4 (Runs at 2.88 stable, I've tried both overclocked and not overclocked)
1 gig corsair Pc3200
Abit IS7
Gigabyte 6600gt

You have something seriousely wrong. I think you need to reformat and Reinstall everything.

My Kids rig is a P4 2.4C Abit board 1gig Of Kingston Not running duel channel, 9800Pro. GAme runs Like Butter With everything set medium, Dynamic Lighting to low, DYnamic shadows set to low and AF Off in game.

Driver is set to 2x 16x Highquality on Mips and The other setting(escapes me right now.

Give yourself a Bigger pagefile if you can, 2000mb min and 2000max. AQlso use refreshforce and set monitor to atleast 85hz With a 1024x768 resolution. Turn Vsync OFF and set Your AA And AF In driver to 2x and 4x.

You should be able to run that game like butter, theres something wrong Bro.

Harry

I'm beginning to think formatting may be my only choice. :|
I did do a lot of tweaking lastnight and now get ~50fps, but still get periords where it drops down to 15fps.

On a side note I would avoid those pistol/knive revive only servers like the plague

eXp Electric just had his 100K points and rank ripped off his shoulders for stat padding on one..

WOOT there is justice in the world ..sometimes..

Back