• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone know how long it takes for stats to get updated from playing on the ranked servers?

the reason i'm asking is i was playing all day yesterday, i think i probably spent around 12hours online... anyway i was up until 1am but my stats show me as last being online at 3pm...

Last edited:
furiousfords89 said:
im not sure if this belongs here or not, but im not allowed to upgrade my comp for a while and im thinkin about buying this game. i can play the demo at low settings but do u guys think i will be able to run the full game at low settings with the rig in my sig?

I played the demo on my back up PC it has a P4 2.6C, 1 gig value ram, 9600XT and ran fine. The only thing I can see going to be a problem for you is ram. You may have to do some tweaks but you sould be able to play with everything on medium.

subtotal said:
anyone know how long it takes for stats to get updated from playing on the ranked servers?

the reason i'm asking is i was playing all day yesterday, i think i probably spent around 12hours online... anyway i was up until 1am but my stats show me as last being online at 3pm...

EA has a post on their site stating that the stats are a half a day behind and they are working on it:

Community Update - 6/23/05

Battlefield 2 Stats and Rankings Update
The retail release of Battlefield 2 has been a resounding success so far, with 25,000+ players competing online simultaneously at this afternoon's peak. Needless to say, the passion that players have for Battlefield 2 has blown us away, and while we have been able to keep up with the demand for slots on Ranked servers (thanks to our many partners worldwide) we have run into some issues in processing the data from the nearly 400 Ranked servers we have deployed. As many in the Community have noticed, stats updates are taking about half a day to be reflected within BFHQ at this time. EA, DICE and GameSpy are all aware of this issue, and we are working promptly to make headway against the back log while also ensuring that this issue does not recur once the game has reached shelves all across Europe tomorrow. Rest assured, however, that we will keep pace with the demand for Ranked servers, as necessary, though we may slow down deployment slightly this evening as we clear out the backlog of stats snapshots.

We want to emphasize that no snapshots have been lost and once we have this issue addressed, all players' progress will be accurately reflected in BFHQ. We thank the Community for their patience as we solve this issue.

This is [EA]Mike signing off for the rest of the Battlefield team

ca420 said:
I played the demo on my back up PC it has a P4 2.6C, 1 gig value ram, 9600XT and ran fine. The only thing I can see going to be a problem for you is ram. You may have to do some tweaks but you sould be able to play with everything on medium.

The demo ran quite smoothly on my computer too with high res and settings mixed between medium and high. Now the full version plays like crap with low res and all medium settings.

CTD when using main radio

I have had zero problems with the demo. Installed the retail version and CTD when I hit the main radio key (the one that brings up the menu that you can then mouse over to select; Thanks you, Spotted, etc).

I have reinstalled BF2, remapped the radio key, and yelled at my rig, all to no avail. Anyone else heard of this?

I am just miffed that the demo was fine and the one that I pay for is causing issues. All sounds and graphics settings are identical from demo to retail. TIA.

I've also noticed the sluggish server list, takes way to long and sometimes after refreshing it just freezes. I've also had a few crashes-game shut's down into windows. I also think it's BS that you have to play on a ranked server in order to gain rank.....

RangerXLT8 said:
I've also noticed the sluggish server list, takes way to long and sometimes after refreshing it just freezes. I've also had a few crashes-game shut's down into windows. I also think it's BS that you have to play on a ranked server in order to gain rank.....

The ranked server issue will be solved in due time, as more and more ISP's and gamehosters are allowed to host ranked servers. Its my best betm that by 1st of august, it wont be a problem to find a ranked server with open slots.

Apart from that a fresh instance of the server-browser should be in the works, planetbattleifled, gamespot forums etc. seem to have a lead on it anyway. Should speed up the server browser and eliminate the 0-ping issue, add a "favorite server" tab anf a few more knobs and bolts. But EA's apparently pretty tightlipped on any patching - as per usual.

Cheers, Flix

well sofar the install had a few hiccups and the game online is so darn laggy its pathetic they need to do an update for the full game and my rig i think should be able to play the game at 1280x960/60hz with no probs and with high everything oh and the game freezes alot for no reason i have the 77.72 drivers could these be the problem and i just need to go back to the 77.30 drivers?

edit:lol i figured out my problem i think lol my mother board has being reading my 2600+ as 1.27 ghz so i overclocked my cpu to 2.27 ghz and now ill be seeing if it works if it doesnt ill report back

Edit#2: lol found the issue it was my proc lol it was slowing me down since it was below the reccomended speed

Last edited:
A1Killer said:
well sofar the install had a few hiccups and the game online is so darn laggy its pathetic they need to do an update for the full game and my rig i think should be able to play the game at 1280x960/60hz with no probs and with high everything oh and the game freezes alot for no reason i have the 77.72 drivers could these be the problem and i just need to go back to the 77.30 drivers?

edit:lol i figured out my problem i think lol my mother board has being reading my 2600+ as 1.27 ghz so i overclocked my cpu to 2.27 ghz and now ill be seeing if it works if it doesnt ill report back

Edit#2: lol found the issue it was my proc lol it was slowing me down since it was below the reccomended speed

Lesson Learned, Never overestimate the state of repair of your system.

I posted this Tread a few days ago. Video / Nvidia /...
Cannot play BF2 past
1024x768
No options at all for higher resolutions.
I am using a DVI Cable & L90+ Hyundai LCD.
The Native res for the monitor is 1280 x 1024 and
the Pixel streching is busting me head.
Tryed the command line thing 1280 x 1024 also.
Looks like I'm waiting for the first patch.

shellshock said:
ya, im having the same problem, only im using catlist 5.6. When I click on the icon, the screen goes black, then the montor clicks a few times, then it just returns me to the desktop like nothing ever happend

Most of the drivers for ATI Have the XP refresh rate fix. You need to Set your Refresh rate to 60Hz. Then the game will run. When in the games options you can then set the Res and the Refresh to what you want. Then go back to your display settings for your vidio card and then go back to your original refresh rate. This goes for peeps useing refreshforce of similar. Open your refreshforce, and hit the Button that takes it back to default settings. Make your In game changes, Then Use your refreahforce as you did before to set your Res.

Firewalls and Antivirus Programs are a big problem when running the game. I turn mine off and Make sure my email programs are set to manual recieve.

Harry

flixotide said:
The ranked server issue will be solved in due time, as more and more ISP's and gamehosters are allowed to host ranked servers. Its my best betm that by 1st of august, it wont be a problem to find a ranked server with open slots.

Apart from that a fresh instance of the server-browser should be in the works, planetbattleifled, gamespot forums etc. seem to have a lead on it anyway. Should speed up the server browser and eliminate the 0-ping issue, add a "favorite server" tab anf a few more knobs and bolts. But EA's apparently pretty tightlipped on any patching - as per usual.

Cheers, Flix

Agreed on EA Not saying anything.

Ranked servers are a waste. Bepending on Your age(Anyones) For me, I dont play on them and dont care to. I(being 39 and Having to pay for my own games) Wont sit and Play the game i paid for with some 11 year old Controlling what i do on the battlefield. Being a Vet I Have real world experiance LOL. Everyones gonna be a general anyways, Thats too funny. I Just kee track of my stats While loading the next map.

PS. Another gig of ram wouldnt hurt for sure. Peeps Might not think they need it, But believe me it helps Alot for Stuttering gameplay.

Harry

aarcam said:
I have had zero problems with the demo. Installed the retail version and CTD when I hit the main radio key (the one that brings up the menu that you can then mouse over to select; Thank you, Spotted, etc).

Found the following info on EA's support site:

Why do you crash when making a selection from the main radio?

If you have assigned any of your movement keys (forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right) to the left mouse button, the game may crash immediately to the desktop.

This is seen particularly when using the main radio which is bound to the Q key by default. Making a selection from the main radio requires a left mouse click, which under the configuration described above, will also initiate soldier movement. This conflict will likely cause an immediate crash to the desktop and Battlefield 2 will have to be restarted.

To correct this, reassign your left mouse button association to something other than movement.

So, I apparently cant use the same set up I have used for the last 5 years and for the demo as well, the retail version is 'special'. Patiently awaiting patch so that I can be dissapointed again.

Well I doubt u need to change your whole fkin setup.

Now I have a performance question:
When I have everything full and max res I can take on my lcd at 60Hz I get some lag and kinda low fps 20 fps a lowest. Only lags on big maps played Demo full flawlessly. But I have turned down my settings all full but View Distance is 95% and Lighting is at Medium. My AntiAliasing is at 4X and Antistophic Filtering at 8X. I get a smooth game with very few hiccups. Now I just turned my resolution down to 1024x768 at 75Hz and I get 35-80 FPS and the lag I experience must be the server as its hard to lag and have 50FPS? So this resolution helping my performance so much leads my to belive my video card is to stressed now this can't be its Nvidias best card next to the 7800 series. So the next thing I can think of is my CPU but it seems like it should be able to keep up with the game. I mean I can run HL2 Doom3 CS:S all maxed out with out any lag whatsoever. Anyone else have similar specs and please post your bf2 results because not running my games on full is not an option and will be fixed one way or the other :p

hey all i found a fix to the "load-bf2-for-5-secs-then-crash-to-desktop-bug " :) (it worked for me and i was personally experiencing the problem on my pc)

my specs:
2500 @ 2.2ghz
abit nf7-s w/ bios 27
audigy 2 zs w/ latest drivers
128mb 9800 pro w/ cat 5.6's
win xp sp2
1 gb ocz pc3500 el @ 2-3-3-7

to fix the problem i turned agp fastwrtes OFF in the cat control panel and then restarted and went into bios and DISABLED agp fastwrites in bios. then rebooted

once back in windows i set my desktop resolution (rez) to 800x600 and monitor hertz to 60. then i loaded bf2 up at it worked perfectly

then just set ur rez and herts up in bf2 according to personal taste. then exit game and set ur desktop rez AND hertz to whatever they are in bf2 (eg, if 1024x768 @ 85Hz in bf2, set it to that for your desktop rez and hertz)

then reload bf2 and it should wrok perfectly. (hopefully)

thats exactly what i did and my bf2 now works fine ( i used to have exact same prob as you but my monitor wouldn't "click")

also if you have any refresh rate override programs (e.g reforce - which is what i had) this will stuff it up so reset values to default and then uninstall the proggie if applicable

GunnerMan said:
Now I just turned my resolution down to 1024x768 at 75Hz and I get 35-80 FPS and the lag I experience must be the server as its hard to lag and have 50FPS?
Ill Stress Again, Another gig of RAm, even another 512 will solve this problem. Its really not the servers laging. We run 3 CODUO servers and 2 64 man BF2 servers from One server box. With ALL games running were Only useing 73% Of resources of the server box. BF2 is Taking up less resources than One MOH Spearhead Server did.

I was having A Tiny bit of lag Until i went and Picked up Another gig of ram. Ya Might as well get it now, Because For future games like Maybe COD2 If ya dont have the new 512mb vid cards, Your going to need all the system Ram you can get. This wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Harry

Back