• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how can i be with my friend in the same squad ? when i want to change it, the game let me in the same ...

You don't have the option to customize squads in the Beta which is let down. I'm pretty sure they will implement it for the full release. As of now you can only join as a party into the same game, if your lucky you'll be on the same team.

You don't have the option to customize squads in the Beta which is let down. I'm pretty sure they will implement it for the full release. As of now you can only join as a party into the same game, if your lucky you'll be on the same team.

We will have to see if they implement squad customization in-game, today they tweeter that squad setup (as well as voice chat) would only be done in battlelog, which is really stupid. Here's hoping that they change that, in regards to the second tweet that I posted on the precious page of posts.

We gave you crap to play with, but we promise once you spend $60 we will polish the crap a little bit. What have we polished? You will not be able to find out till

A. You pay $60
B. You wait, and make someone else spend $60

Betas are supposed to have issues. It is not the final game. Don't pay the $60 if you don't want to. If it frustrates you then fine, show them with your money, how you feel.

They should have said from the start how old the code was. The letter that was posted should have been required reading to start the beta, heck even put a test in there to make sure people read it.

I will wait till the final game is out to decide if it is a game worth spending a lot of time with. I already ordered it and will not cancel my order, because I am having fun with the beta.

I have not played the Beta yet, I was wondering what is the opinion on GPU required to play 1920x1080 at max setting?

I'm assuming your running this on the Beta, the final product is much more demanding.
There is no way to tell that the final product will be more demanding, It may be more optimized and might run a little better. But for now all we can use is the beta for reference. Caspian Border 64 only had around a 5-7fps difference than metro 32 on my system. I thought that it was pretty good for the scale and 2x the amount of players with added vehicles.

BTW in case anyone is interested in how much a server costs, our clan was looking into a 64 player BF3 server and they are going for $87 a month. Pretty steep.

Last edited:
Installing beta driver, yesterday it was running stable now im getting lag spike! pretty annoying!!!!

After 10minute of playing its came back to normal went from low (still lag spike) to high and now im getting 30fps + all the time during fight/outisde/inside!

Last edited:
There is no way to tell that the final product will be more demanding, It may be more optimized and might run a little better. But for now all we can use is the beta for reference. Caspian Border 64 only had around a 5-7fps difference than metro 32 on my system. I thought that it was pretty good for the scale and 2x the amount of players with added vehicles.

I was certain I saw it on there blog, couldn't find it when I went back. I read that destruction, and overall graphics are not %100, but can't find the source. I'm sure we will see a increase in graphics in the final product, IMO.

Overall I expected the graphics to be a better. Operation Metro, the part outside the metro seems not all that great but inside the metro looks nice. I haven't played Caspian Border yet so don't know how that is like.

Overall I expected the graphics to be a better. Operation Metro, the part outside the metro seems not all that great but inside the metro looks nice. I haven't played Caspian Border yet so don't know how that is like.

I thought the exact same thing, I think because you get a much better example of the lighting and shadows in the tunnels. When I first started I though the textures were low quality, the foliage was rough looking. Overall looking at it now though I'm much more impressed. I think they held back a bit on what the engine can do as well. I think it will be even better on release. My SLI 470's run it without a hick-up on ultra @ 1920x1080.

BTW in case anyone is interested in how much a server costs, our clan was looking into a 64 player BF3 server and they are going for $87 a month. Pretty steep.

The server I'm looking at renting is about $10 more but they don't oversell their boxes and they deliver premium bandwidth/cpu cycles. The thing that will make or break a 64 player server is the actual server, its bandwidth, and how many other servers are on that particular machine. Sure your client needs to run at light speed too, but lets say all clients were had the same hardware. You would see that you get what you pay for in the renting arena :)

The best interpretation of Operation Metro

Image removed. There were quite a few words on that map that you know very well aren't allowed here. Clean it up and re-post if you want but don't repeat that kind of language here. -hokie

Last edited by a moderator:
well you can, you just can't join up with someone easily in-game, you have to create the squad in battlelog. How/why that is necessary I have no idea, but that is the gist of it as I understand it.

yes and no. You cant create a squad in the game period. You can create a squad in battle log but that only gets you into the same game. You may end up on separate teams as your battlelog squad. You will be lucky if you are on the same team. Extremely rare that you will be on the same in-game squad. so basically it is pointless to even have squads if they follow through with this.

pretty simple fix that will either make or break their sales imo.

The best interpretation of Operation Metro

Image removed. There were quite a few words on that map that you know very well aren't allowed here. Clean it up and re-post if you want but don't repeat that kind of language here. -hokie

AW, NO CAN HAZ SEE.

Back