• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sweet vid there bob. What is with the different colors (the pink)? is that a mod or like color-blind mode turned on or something?

Pretty sweet vid bob... you got a thumbs up from me!

EDIT: And now the update... WHO KNOWS how long this is gonna be...

Last edited:
Just had a game where I was lead medic... EPIC!

My suppression assault assists were unmatched! :p

Operation metro... ahhh...

They might as well have not even made any of the other levels...

Just had a game where I was lead medic... EPIC!

My suppression assault assists were unmatched! :p

Operation metro... ahhh...

They might as well have not even made any of the other levels...

:rofl:

You best be careful posting comments like that on at the Battlelog forums... There seems to be a deep-deep hatred of Metro players on there.

:rofl:

You best be careful posting comments like that on at the Battlelog forums... There seems to be a deep-deep hatred of Metro players on there.

The hell with them! :p

Do you know HOW MANY OF US there are? I turn on the filter so it's ONLY metro maps and there's something like two or three hundred games at any time.

When I was really playing the game everyday I knew that map inside and out but could STILL be surprised. It's the best map I've ever seen. They really need to delete the others. :p

I do enjoy Metro some times, but it gets frustrating when your team is filled with sniper wannabes that let the other team through just so they can stay at base and snipe from cover.

I do enjoy Metro some times, but it gets frustrating when your team is filled with sniper wannabes that let the other team through just so they can stay at base and snipe from cover.

The hell with that too...

Metro is supposed to be all about... well... storming the metro.

Eradicating the ******** in their little holes.

I love that map... It's one of my main reasons for living.

If you're on the other side you've gotta escape the damned metro and bring the fight to them.

Reminds me of my childhood growing up in Chicago...

The hell with that too...

Metro is supposed to be all about... well... storming the metro.

Eradicating the ******** in their little holes.

I love that map... It's one of my main reasons for living.

If you're on the other side you've gotta escape the damned metro and bring the fight to them.

Reminds me of my childhood growing up in Chicago...

If you and your squad cannot get outside, it will be a meat grinder. Needless to say, that is the best part of the map -- the rush of actually getting behind the Russians makes me squirm inside.

I have my games on a non-system HDD and pointed Origin to the location. Somehow it didn't recognize it and just gave me the download prompt. It worked before but this time it just deleted both games, BF3 and BF1942. I still have it on my backup drive so anyone know how I can get Origin to recognize the install? I'd hate to download another 10+ gigs.

So BF3 went on sale and I picked it up. I've played BFBC2 quite a bit, mostly rush maps. Any tips to help me jump in to BF3?

Start with assault and be sure to revive people when possible
Will boost your score

Definitely Assault... and the METRO MAP.

There'll be bodies all over the place.

Heal them... throw out some medpacks... And gundown whoever shows up.

BFBC2 had no "prone" position... which was lame. BF3 does however... use it.

Teamwork is also more critical in BF3. Your teammates rely on you for spawning and revives and backup in a firefight and just about everything.

You'll get away with very little one-man heroics in BF3... unless you have a tank or helicopter or something.

Back