• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Totally ironic post there... yep. I was playing some Noshar TDM last night with seebs and one round was like 65/55 running around like I normally do, the next round, pinning my *** to a wall and hanging in the same spot (under the crane and by the water), I ended up like 52/35 or something.

Campers Pwn in this game... in that map... and its so annoying.

Definitely Assault... and the METRO MAP.

There'll be bodies all over the place.

Heal them... throw out some medpacks... And gundown whoever shows up.

BFBC2 had no "prone" position... which was lame. BF3 does however... use it.

Teamwork is also more critical in BF3. Your teammates rely on you for spawning and revives and backup in a firefight and just about everything.

You'll get away with very little one-man heroics in BF3... unless you have a tank or helicopter or something.

Or support and drop ammo boxes
and once you unlock some automatic SMGs going as recon and putting down a TUGs (basically a radar spotter) can also get you a ton of points on metro if you have a good spot for it.

After the KB2670838 windows 7 update i'm getting yellow roads at
Kharg Island, is anyone else getting this with the update.
Untitled.jpg

I'll have to check as I did the update last night after playing... kinda looks cool though.

**Edit
Tried different settings and vehicles but couldn't reproduce it... Maybe it's an Nvidia thing? dunno...

Attachments

• bf3.jpg
    bf3.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I'll have to check as I did the update last night after playing... kinda looks cool though.

**Edit
Tried different settings and vehicles but couldn't reproduce it... Maybe it's an Nvidia thing? dunno...
Yes it is a nvidia problem, I gave them a call and the tech said there working on a driver update for the yellow roads in BF3.

What no 'yellow brick road' jokes? :D

I played a bunch this afternoon, and none of my assignments were getting their stats increased as usual, even though I was on a ranked server..

I'm a big fan of the support kit, myself. I tend to find a nice place to lay down, pull out the bipod, and let them come to me.

Camping is a proven defensive tactic. xD Depending on the map, the game mode, and so on.. It works alright. If I'm not getting any luck with that, I'll run along and take out snipers with my LMG. Love that BF3 has that little glint on sniper scopes.

What!? It's out already? I've been so caught up playing ARMAIII that I haven't touched BF3 sinceit came out. I was under the impression it was coming out closer to the end of March, anyways I aint complaining :p

I will download them today and report back :salute:

I have been playing bf3 the last few days, trying to refresh. I will try it out this evening.

Played about an hour of air superiority yesterday.

Yep, still terrible with jets.

(using a 360 controller, FWIW)

I had to try out the dirt bikes.. They are fun! Apparently they can run out gas in hardcore mode!

Pretty fun though overall so far..

Played about an hour of air superiority yesterday.

Yep, still terrible with jets.

(using a 360 controller, FWIW)
Yeah, never learned to fly the right way... those type of maps are useless to me. I thought you would be able to have some infantry and some AA but... no.

I had to try out the dirt bikes.. They are fun! Apparently they can run out gas in hardcore mode!

Pretty fun though overall so far..
haha really? I didnt know that! I never ran out and was playing hardcore... but then again it wasnt much more than to their flag and back again either.

Yeah, pretty fun, its like an ATV just more maneuverable.

Where is my boy Seebs...................!!! :shrug:

Yeah, never learned to fly the right way... those type of maps are useless to me. I thought you would be able to have some infantry and some AA but... no.

haha really? I didnt know that! I never ran out and was playing hardcore... but then again it wasnt much more than to their flag and back again either.

Yeah, pretty fun, its like an ATV just more maneuverable.

Where is my boy Seebs...................!!! :shrug:

I never ran out either, I have just heard this.. I will have to try to stay alive long enough on one to see if it happens..

I like how you hit the boost key and it wheelies! I was doing a wheelie everywhere I went. They did a great job with the bike I think.. :)

I played a few hours. The maps seem like sniper maps to me. There is one that reminds me of some scenery here in rural Utah. It has some farm type fields with brush and berms at the sides of the fields. You could creep around on your belly and pick people off. It was pretty fun.
I think there are too many motorcycles. It makes it too easy for people to get quickly set up behind your base. This causes you to get spawn killed easily.

im at work and cant google much here because its about games.. for pc are the dlc packs free to download? ive had bf3 for awhile just never really played it.. downloaded it yesterday and im looking to start playing it more

Back