• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent CPU socket pins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adasclock

Hi, just wondering if this socket is salvageable or not.
I need a quick rely because this is an eBay auction.

Thanks in advance
bent socket pins.PNG

The pins at the top wouldn't scare me but that bottom section...holy hell that's a nightmare. I would avoid it.

none are broken so I would think so.

even out here in Hooterville we have a hot rod shop that builds gauges for me, he's in Pixley, they have repaired a few boards for me where I have trashed the pins so you might grab out the phone book, if they still print them.
he has a microscope thingy he hangs over the socket on one side and a big screen on the other that makes the pins look like giant trees. It is really cool to watch and maybe try it yourself.
what's neat is with the stylus in my hand it looks like I'm trying to fan a fire and his hands are so stable, it's also a bit hard to get your mind used to looking over here at the screen and working with your hands over there.

Last edited:
Have you ever repaired bent pins before? Are you willing to risk the CPU you are putting in it after you attempt it?

This had better be going for nothing for you even to consider this board... like 15 bucks shipped.

Back