• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent pins on cpu socket motherboard, perfomance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
extreme haha.

Chrome is a memory pig as well. Might be time to bump up to 16gb homie.

It wasnt about chrome I showed that its still have more than 8 gb's commited. Amout of GB is fine.

Its your ram. BF1 has a known memory leak issues, and if you notice, your ram usage is VERY high. You are actively using 7.1gb of your 8gb, and you have 9.7gb committed. since your cache size is only 797mb, that means your computer is trying to use 9gb of ram... that you just dont have.

So yeah, I think its the case.

edit: 8gb is "fine", its going to keep going up and up no matter how much you have. The problem is the coding of the game itself. The only other issue would be a virus using system memory as well.

I'm a little unsure it's his RAM. My brother has a GTX 670 and on medium settings is getting 80fps or so. 1080p. My brother has a 2500k at 4.2 and 8GB of RAM ddr3 1600. :\. He hasn't had those types of dips, and he often has a browser and a few extra programs in the background (firefox as browser, however)

My PC can't handle even lowest settings without dips to 40fps. I did reinstal of everyting, basicly wiped both ssd and hdd and game still runs bad even on lowest.

We also assume you're on the latest driver yes? Not the one that came with the CD of the graphics card?

Is this in single or only multi?

I can't imagine any type of CPU bottleneck...

Yes latest, but I have tryed every drivers that can run battlefield 1 so basicly everything above 372.7

I'm a little unsure it's his RAM. My brother has a GTX 670 and on medium settings is getting 80fps or so. 1080p. My brother has a 2500k at 4.2 and 8GB of RAM ddr3 1600. :\. He hasn't had those types of dips, and he often has a browser and a few extra programs in the background (firefox as browser, however)

Not to be rude, but I dont really care what your brother is running or what his frame rates are. I am directly looking at OP's post of ram usage, and that would most certainly account for his dips in FPS.

Both of you keep looking at "on other computers"... for whatever reason. His ram utilization is damn near 100%, and his pooled memory is over his 8gb installed.

Basicly reason why Ram is declared to 9.8 GB is because of virtual memory, windows set it to 1920 mb so 7.9 gb + 1920mb is around 9.8 You can check Your PC and I think that You will see that declared ram is higher than real amount.
Also I dont think that comparing is bad thing, we can clearly see that less powerful rig does better than mine which have better parts in it.

I reinstalled system so there can't be viruses that overuse my ram usage. Is it hardware side? Could those problems be connected to those bent pins? Maybe bent pins result such ram usage?
I just walk here blind and really don't know what to do, game should run flawless.

Basicly reason why Ram is declared to 9.8 GB is because of virtual memory, windows set it to 1920 mb so 7.9 gb + 1920mb is around 9.8 You can check Your PC and I think that You will see that declared ram is higher than real amount.

The fact that your PC is running on the pagefile (which is much slower than physical ram) is an indication that your system could benefit from more ram. You could try increasing the size of your pagefile to see how much more memory your system would like, but if the game has a memory leak it will eventually claim most/all of whatever memory you give it. The longer you play, the more memory is demanded by the game. You might need to restart after gaming sessions to release the memory for other tasks as well.

Is there any way of preventing that memory leak? I mean I don't get how my 8 gb ram leaks memory and other Pc with that amount don't have such problem.

@edit So I did 3 things set in game console RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3, set virtual memory on my hdd from 10000 to 25000, and set battlefield1 to high priority in task manager. I feel like I did bunch of werid stuff but it helped a bit. After that I managed to get 60+ frames on high preset, I tested that only for few minutes but results are quite good.

Last edited:
Ehh, just because it has that allocated space doesn't mean it's being used...

If the OP can CONFIRM he's using it all and rolling into the page file, then we may be on to something.

How do I confirm that? I mean on first screen shot there is ram usage while playing battlefield 1 and it uses 7.1GB/8GB, so it seems that I have 900 mb free still.

Ehh, just because it has that allocated space doesn't mean it's being used...

If the OP can CONFIRM he's using it all and rolling into the page file, then we may be on to something.

His committed memory usage was 9.7gb, doesn't this mean windows is allocating above his 8gb ram??

"Commit Charge (also called commit size) is the total amount of virtual memory that a program has touched (committed) in the current session, including memory that has been paged out of physical memory to the disk-backed page file. The Memory and Physical Memory counters on Task Manager’s Performance tab represent the sum of this value for all processes and the kernel. The Commit Charge Limit is the total amount of physical RAM and page file available—in other words, the maximum virtual memory. "

His committed memory usage was 9.7gb, doesn't this mean windows is allocating above his 8gb ram??

"Commit Charge (also called commit size) is the total amount of virtual memory that a program has touched (committed) in the current session, including memory that has been paged out of physical memory to the disk-backed page file. The Memory and Physical Memory counters on Task Manager’s Performance tab represent the sum of this value for all processes and the kernel. The Commit Charge Limit is the total amount of physical RAM and page file available—in other words, the maximum virtual memory. "

Ok clearly You lack knowlege about commited memory and virtual memory. You see that if I have set minimal value at 1.9 gb its always will be commited so now lets do quick math 7.9 + 1.9 is 9.8. And minimal value is always gonna be up. And I said that to you even showd screenshot.

Ok clearly You lack knowlege about commited memory and virtual memory. You see that if I have set minimal value at 1.9 gb its always will be commited so now lets do quick math 7.9 + 1.9 is 9.8. And minimal value is always gonna be up. And I said that to you even showd screenshot.

I can see a lot from your screenshots.

For starters, you're using single channel memory. Next up, your system is also actively using more memory than you have, which is why you're using your virtual memory above your memory limit. 3rd, you seem to not understand cached vs shared memory. You have 7.1gb used... you have 797mb cached. 7.1... + ~.8 =.... tada! 8gb. You're using virtual memory at that point.

Add up all of those problems with BF1 having known memory leak issues.... and it leads to "you dont have enough ram so its causing your FPS problems".

You want answers, I gave you your answer. Its up to you if you actually want to address it. You dont like the answer because "on someone else's rig, they didnt have any issues!"... well for starters, they were probably using dual channel memory... :rofl:

@bob4933 And that's the anwser I was waiting for, You never said any solution of my problem until now. So are You saiying that second 8gb will do the work? Basicly its not amout of ram but its single channel that causes issue?

@Mjolnir Can You tell if Your brother uses single channel or dual channel memory?

You don't have to buy more ram to run in dual channel. You have to use the correct ram slots on your motherboard. Your motherboard manual will tell you which ones are best, but usually slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4.

Just a guess but Mjolnir's brother is probably using dual channel. Most folks put their ram in dual channel configuration by default. If you are in single channel there might be something wrong with your system, or you might just be set up incorrectly. Sounds like you might have a fix though

Yes but in my case I need another 8gb because I have 1x8gb. Correct me if I am wrong I need 2x ram to run i dual channel right?
So I think its better if I get second 8 gb than 2x4gb instead my 1x8gb

Yes but in my case I need another 8gb because I have 1x8gb. Correct me if I am wrong I need 2x ram to run i dual channel right?
So I think its better if I get second 8 gb than 2x4gb instead my 1x8gb

Yep. I wrongly assumed you to be using 2 x 4gb. In that case you would need another stick of ram to run in dual channel.

Btw. do I have use identical ram sticks? I have HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz DDR3 CL11 do I need simmilar one to run i dual channel?

Back