• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent pins on cpu socket motherboard, perfomance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Btw. do I have use identical ram sticks? I have HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz DDR3 CL11 do I need simmilar one to run i dual channel?

I'm not 100 percent certain that you *need* to have matching dimms, but it is *definitely * the recommended way to do things. When using different dimms, the faster stick will only run at the speed of the slower stick, but I do not remember if it will refuse to run in dual channel also.

Also another question as You can see at the my first post I was talking about bent pins. I wonder if i get second stick can those bent pins prevent my pc from running at dual channel mode?

That depends on which pins are bent. You will have to check the pin out diagram for your cpu or just try putting a second stick in there to see. I saw someone advise against straightenjng the pins and I agree - to a point. If you are careful it is safe enough, but you still run a risk of breaking a pin even if you are careful. A toothpick will reach in there and a standard playing card used as a "background" behind the bent pin will help. The card will make it easier to see the bent pin and judge if it is straight, and also help shield the other pins from being bent in a clumsy moment

Ok, thanks everyone for help. We finally found issue, at least until I get second stick and try it myself if that was an issue.
I hope that ram will be enough and those bent pins will not cause problems with dual channel.

Back