• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 890gx board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a good question! I haven't seen anything about the OC'ing abilities of the new boards as yet. Too bad you can't wait for the 890FX - I know you're anxious. ;)

Maybe Dolk will have some info. IIRC he's tied up at school this week ...

Cannot be a FX have to be with integrated graghics, that's the only thing allowed for the comp, no graphics card

ASUS has been odd the last six months or so. It's like they have only two different power systems for their boards, good and not-so-good. All the high-end boards are good, the low-end n-s-g, and somewhere in the middle they switch over. If you get a board with a good power system then you're golden, if you don't you may have issues.

But I'm not crazy about the Gigabyte option either. The '3' boards are OK but not great. It's a tough call but I'd guess, since this is a higher-priced offering, it probably has the good power system ...

Haven't been benching AMD stuff lately, but I need an 890gx board for a comp at hwbot, what will be the best one ( integrated graphics overclockability) will be running a TWKR on that on ln2 cooling. Thx in advance

so far looking at this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631&cm_re=890gx-_-13-131-631-_-Product

If you can wait till tomorrow, I can let ya know how the asrock 890GX tri Xfire performs.

Quite curious to see over clocking abilities as well.

already ordered that asus board..... and will get about 60 liters of ln2 to beat the TWKR......

will sure do! board should be here this afternoon, so to get back into AMD benching, I will hook up the single stage and get a feeling before I go real cold...

Oh boy, I'm rusty! played for about an hour and a half yesterday night, got the twkr to bench 3d01 at about 4.8ghz, end up with a 22500 scores.... need to learn how to set that sideport thingy....

I had trouble with sideport memory as well as the IGPU (on the 790GX board) - darn thing wanted more speed when I wound up the system ...

Last edited:
making some progress... still testing with the ss before going real cold.....

3d0129135.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

still lot of work to do, I have only about 4 liters of nitro left so I'm trying to get the max out of it with low multi before I froze the beatch! the trick is the nb you want it exactly at a specific frequency and it scores good, the only thing is that's the only thing you cannot play with within windows. one notch too high your screwed and same thing the other way....

If you can find me a pII that can do 4.5ghz on air or water I'll buy a palette! Not liquid or air using single stage to setup before using LN2, please don't try that at home! I'm doing that for a comp at hwbot, nothing you can expect for a 24/7 setup. here's how it look like.

img0047ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back