• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 890gx board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got the 555 BE! will be testing with the single stage tonight and tomorrow and get the dewar filled for saturday.... would like to have a NB pot but not able to get one fast enough....

For sure, only beginning with this cpu, will have another session with the single stage tonight, (hoping to get a high 32000 scores) and tomorrow will go real cold (filling up the dewar this afternoon)

So I just found this thread :D

As for your question which is the best 890GX board? Well since there are only 3 out there right now, I can't really tell. I'm hoping to grab one here in the near future so that I can use it with my 1090T. So far it looks like your ASUS board is really pulling some good numbers. That FSB looks really good.

Strange question going out to you Icebob, ever messed with the HTT voltage when OCing?

yep for an odd reason this board like the ht to be as high as the nb so giving it more juice is required to keep it up

I don't know but if you look at the screenie, ht and nb same speed

3d0131962.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

LOL! I wasn't doubting your word at all - just trying to learn a little! :)

I thought maybe you'd know offhand if your earlier AM3 results (with the 790FX chipset) had similar results v the HT Link speed but I can look up your earlier posts on that subject ...

No, with the 790 chipset I've always kept the ht below 2000, and I know you were not doubting, I would like to know too, that's why I posted the screenie!!! Maybe somebody (Dolk) will chime in and have an explanation, when I was benching yesterday I was not able to complete a run with the ht low, so I went to Hwbot and look at Chew* scores and noticed he was running the HT at same speed as NB, so I tried it out, giving htt a little boost in voltage and was able to bench past 4.6ghz.

So there seems to be a real difference in the chipsets - beyond the SATA III and USB add-ons. Good deal! :)

Man, I wish I could afford one of the new boards but I don't see any new hardware in my immediate financial future ...

Just pick up the dewar! will have another practice tonight and tomorrow will freeze the beatch!

Crank the HT and NB up! better result on the single stage than on LN2! Keep on pushing, I have the cpu/nb at 1.625v!!!

0132621.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
I think I found something with the IGP speed, was able to run it at 1200mhz late yesterday night, will do more runs after work.

Did you just saw you had the CPU-NB at 1.625v and it didn't die?

Back