• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 939 socket mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpapag

What is the best socket 939 mobo that will work with the following:

1GBx2 OCZ PC3200 DDR400
HD3850 512MB AGP video card
AMD X2 4800+
CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V power supply

My personal favorite is the ASUS A8N32-SLI. I currently have five of these boards running in my SETI farm and they are fantastic! Great power delivery, the clock will run up to ~350 MHz or maybe a little more, and with the heatpipes everything stays pretty cool with a minimum of fiddling. And one more thing, fewer problems with the ASUS then with the DFI Ultra (which is it's only true rival). I've heard of lots of DFIs dieing over the past year or so, my A8N32's just keep crunching 24/7. The oldest, my main/sig rig, crunched past the 3-year mark last month - 26,000+ hours of virtually non-stop SETI calculations and counting. :) The next oldest, my file server, is coming up on three years non-stop in November - well over 20,000 hours of SETI run-time so far ...

Last edited:
I love my nF4 DFI board. It's running my Opty 165 atm @ 350MHz reference clock on the 9x multi.
My nF3 DFI board is still going strong too :).

I'm out on ebay right now looking at the A8N32-SLI. My DFI DR-Expert seems to have been having issues for the last year and I don't want to chunk all the parts. Might as well get another 939. It looks like the Asus A8N32-SLI is going to be my choice this time around as it was the one that I past over a couple years ago for the DFI.

I love my A8N32-SLI. Sadly, it's looking to be quite outdated now. I've been tossing around the idea of a Phenom II quadcore rig but money's kinda tight.

The A8N32-SLI is still the best board out there, IMO. Second call would be the DFI Ultra. The top end clock speed on both is very close (~360 MHz) with rock-solid power delivery and very good cooling. The biggest difference I've seen, and that over time, has been the DFI's are slowly crapping out. I've still got my five A8N32's running 24/7 - the oldest rig was commissioned in early June '06 ...

I liked the DFI Ultra-D, I took my "ADV" X2-4400 to 2.8 GHz easily with that board, and it was fun to overclock.

The Biostar T-Force4U was a good overclocking board too, also fun to overclock, and it had a fake AGP slot that worked with my spare Albatron 4200 :)

Back