• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 9500 Np to MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravY

What is the best NoN Pro Radeon 9500 to use for Modding to a 9700?

I know there are alot of threads on the subject, but I would like to get a concentrated list..

so what card did you get and did the mod's work or fail or fall alittle inbetween..

Thanks..

Damian said:
That's the only 9500np to mod.

Nah mate ill think you will find there are several cards that can be modified to a 9700 with the softmod, not just the sapphire. I myself have a *grandmars card softmodded to a 9700.

Red PCB with the Ram in an L Shape around the gpu.. Im going to order one and give it a go, tnx for the replies!

I ordered a Sapphire from Newegg, 149.00 and free shipping, hopefully it all works out... :)

You chances of getting a fully successful mod are now quite slim. For your sake I hope I'm wrong but the numbers have been going down and ATI seemed to have refined there binning process.

I just got my Sapphire 9500 OEM from NewEgg. It has the red pcb and the "L" shape configuration. The conversion to 9700 using the softmod was successful.

Very good to hear, I should be getting mine on Tue or Wed, I can't wait, I love messing with stuff like this :D

did you both use the soft mod?

did you do the 9500->9700 or the 9500->9800.. and from what I can see you need ot flash bios to be able to overclock the card?? is this true?

No overclocking was necessary to do the mod. Although I haven't tried it yet, Sapphires already come unlocked so you don't need to flash the bios. However, other 9500s are locked so you need to flash the bios if you want to do some overclocking. I tried the 9500 -> 9700 mod.

i also used the 9500-->9700 driver patch
no bios switch was neccessary, but you can't use the ati control panel to oc
get rivatuner

Back