• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD motherboard?? Money is not an issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think u have to look at what u want in a motherboard...best overclocking, features, stability ect... cuz if you are a features guy the nf7-s might not be the best choice, but if you are looking at the best overclocker than i would go with the nf7-s

and in response to the post about people not researching at all, i agree 110%...there are like 6 threads on the nf7 at least...and a few about best this and best that...people please just look at what are the other threads on the forum currently

SFN,

If you are considering an nForce board, you can read dedicated threads to each platform here.

That might help. Picking a MB is always a personal decision that has to include desired price (not an issue here, unless they don't have it), features, reliability, and OC-ability. I picked the NF7-S for the combination of all these. I wanted the SATA, Firewire, and soundstorm sound (with all the ins-outs (Epox doesn't have))... but did not need the video. For price, I made my decision. Hope this helps you make yours.

the only two that i considered were the NF7-S and the 8RDA+. i went the abit as i wanted to reach 200fsb, and didn't wanted to a freaking VDD mod. anyway i'm happy at 215, i'm sure i can go higher, but my corsair xms is only rated to 200. also, the NF7-S already has a fan on the NB, so no need to buy one.

i've never had problems with the bios corrupting. but i don't use the SATA, so i can't tell you if there's a problem there.

why are you so bent on getting it from frys? newegg has the NF7-S for $125 with free shipping.... and newegg has better customer service to boot.

thre -m is a waste of money. intergrated video that is already slow by todays standards. suffers from bios corruption as said earlier and is limited as to how much you can o/c.

the msi was never more than 1.5fps ahead of the nf7-s at ANY point. i fail to see how that really says "get me, im so much faster".

The nf7-s v2 is the best baord. it has all the features you need, and overclocked like a god without any mods. it DOESNT suffer from bios corruption and has ausome onboard sound to boot.

Sonny, he might be griping, he might have overstepped the line, but his point was correct. I've found myself answering that question with "nf7-s" probably more than ten times in the last month alone. All thats needed is a quick search.

I see that about half the people who responded never read entirely though the whole thread. Fry's only has the NF7-M, and is letting him pick out any board that "they" have due to an error on thier part. He is able to pick out any board that they carry regardless of cost and he is interested in the N-Force 2 boards. SinsFeelNatural why dont you list what boards that Fry's does carrry that you are interested in and maybe we could better help you to make a choice. So far I think that you are probably pretty wise in putting the MSI board to the head of the pack. The NF7-M doesnt exactly have stellar reviews. If they do carry the Asus A7N8X then I would also consider that as well, but you will want to check what rev. the boards are and try to find rev. 2.0 if you can.

ok then fine. pick out any board. go back 20 mins later and return it with your receipt. then get a NF7-S from newegg.

^^ Heh most of the responses to the thread ARE actually kinda worthless when he can get any of them for free. Due to the extra features and coolness, go with the Asus, but for Max overclocking go with the NF7-S. I personally don't like it but others swear by it for OCing.

You can sell the Asus for $30 more tho m8 ;)

L337 M33P said:
^^ Heh most of the responses to the thread ARE actually kinda worthless when he can get any of them for free. Due to the extra features and coolness, go with the Asus, but for Max overclocking go with the NF7-S. I personally don't like it but others swear by it for OCing.

You can sell the Asus for $30 more tho m8 ;)

actually I havent picked up the board yet because im stuck

Either the MSI Delta-G w/ onboard video, soundstorm, serial ata, raid, but from what I heard only goes up to 200fsb)
or
ABIT NF7-M (they dont have the NF7-s) (onboard video, version 2.0 so it should overclock good)

Im leaning towards the MSI because of more features but want the overclockability of the Abit

BIOS corruption issues affect all nForce2 mobos not just Abit. It's up to nVidia to find the fix. Just get a spare flashed rescue CMOS if you get an nForce2 mobo.

I got the Abit NF7-S because of the overclocking ability built in to the board and the Soundstorm. The SATA didn't factor in as I doubt I'll ever use it as a RAID. I might try it later if I need more than two hard drives.

The board has worked very well for me.

The NF7-M with onboard graphics doesn't seem to overclock as well. The listed FSBs are lower as are the memory ratings.

The M North bridge isn't the more advanced Ultra 400 so it's not rev2.0

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/comparison.php

Last edited:
Back