• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cpu air cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a Dark Rock Pro 4 to dabble in the air cooling realm from my usual DIY water systems. That heatsink is downright amazing for noise/temp performance. I love it. It's enough to convert me from water cooling. Despite it's heft, it is really solidly mounted, too.

Id get the Cryorig over the V8 GTS, hands down. But neither are remotely "THE BEST" air cooler the OP is asking for.

Let's see... $90-100 for the V8 GTS or $39 for Cryorig H7 (and 1 degree BETTER performance)....Ironic how that "tiny thing" cools better than that v8 GTS....

View attachment 203701

Edit: please dont ever use newegg reviews to support a point. Newegg reviews are not scientific reviews nor are these blurbs written by people who have half a clue. Seriously, I think half the people who write these eat glass...so clueless.
Why doesn't the poor little Reeven Ouranos ever get any love? that's the second list ive seen where it beats out the nh-d14 and everything else on the list except water cooling and a bigger reeven heatsink for $52. AND it has a convenient offset design that leans away from your ram while also making it shorter. Not bad for a single tower 140mm.

EDIT: Ok the R1 ultimate beats it by less than a degree for almost double the price and dual towers/giant size. Not worth it!

I can't really help you with a specific model but in my book, the quietest one wins. I also have a Macbook Air besides a HP but man the fan keeps acting up and sometimes it just gets louder than a MOFO! Granted it's an old Mac but still . . . As far as a brand goes, I would go with Thermalright.

Back