• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CPU for ASUS M2N61-AR AM2 Socket MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unfortunately, this is an OEM board rather than aftermarket and so the Asus website doesn't have any information that I can see. HP's website, however, indicates it will be compatible with "any Athlon 64 X2 or Sempron up to 65 watts". I think what you will find is that you are already pretty much at the top of that option heap already with an Athlon 64 X2 4800+. They did make some faster Athlon 64 X2 CPUs but the wattage would exceed what the board is capable of handling.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this is an OEM board rather than aftermarket and so the Asus website doesn't have any information that I can see. HP's website, however, indicates it will be compatible with "any Athlon 64 X2 or Sempron up to 65 watts". I think what you will find is that you are already pretty much at the top of that option heap already with an Athlon 64 X2 4800+. They did make some faster Athlon 64 X2 CPUs but the wattage would exceed what the board is capable of handling.

Really? Damn I have a Athlon 64 X2 5200+ tho? Also would this website do any help?
http://www.usereasy.com/product_11716.html

The problem with 'looking' at that website about that motherboard is that the webiste is for the ASUS mobo and you have an Asus board built for HP and a bios from HP. They are not the same much of the time.

Most of us in here that have done this for years, would not have an OEM board from a computer system intergrator because the bioses seldom if ever allow for any tweaking to go faster.

You need a faster ground-up system if you are unhappy with your current speeds and performance.

The Athlon 64 X2 5200+ may very well work on your board but you will see very, very little performance improvement if you swap it out for the 4800+.

The problem with 'looking' at that website about that motherboard is that the webiste is for the ASUS mobo and you have an Asus board built for HP and a bios from HP. They are not the same much of the time.

Most of us in here that have done this for years, would not have an OEM board from a computer system intergrator because the bioses seldom if ever allow for any tweaking to go faster.

You need a faster ground-up system if you are unhappy with your current speeds and performance.
So there's nothing i can really do? Not even overclock it?

The Athlon 64 X2 5200+ may very well work on your board but you will see very, very little performance improvement if you swap it out for the 4800+.
That's the one I have.

So there's nothing i can really do? Not even overclock it?

That's the one I have.

I would be very surprised if that OEM motherboard has any or enough overclocking tools in bios to overclock that CPU or any other. If you want to take digital pics of the bios so we can see what the options are we will look at it for you. To attach a pic, click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window and then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the advanced post window. That will load the file browser and uplink tool.

I would be very surprised if that OEM motherboard has any or enough overclocking tools in bios to overclock that CPU or any other. If you want to take digital pics of the bios so we can see what the options are we will look at it for you. To attach a pic, click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window and then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the advanced post window. That will load the file browser and uplink tool.

Is this the only pic you need or the rest of the Bios?

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    716.9 KB · Views: 5,752
There are no tools to overclock in the Advanced bios tab. Show us what's in the Power tab.

Doesn't look like there are any overclocking options on that board. Usually computers from HP or Dell do not have overclocking options. Even if they did, it wouldn't be smart to try because they have cheaper boards that don't have the durability needed for long-term overclocking.

You're only option would seem to be to stick the A64 X2 5200+ in. If it turns out that the motherboard plays with the new CPU you will get a little more performance. Certainly not remarkable, however.

You're only option would seem to be to stick the A64 X2 5200+ in. If it turns out that the motherboard plays with the new CPU you will get a little more performance. Certainly not remarkable, however.

I have the CPU right now.

Back