• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mother board for $200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vinaell

Registered
Im looking to build a computer for the i5 4670k and theres just so many choices for the 1150 socket but i budgeted myself to $200 for a MOBO and so far it appears the ASrock Extreme6 is the best deal. I have found on Amazon at 189.99. Giving some amazing options. Im wanting to do overclocking, use it for gaming. Is there a better option then the ASrock for $200?

Here's the better question, what do you need from the motherboard? SLI support? Are you going for sub zero benching?

Id like my options to be open for a lot of things as im learning more and more about everything. and if im correct the Extreme6 supports both SLI and Crossfire

Yes i started a thread going over my build but im looking to have a little more insight on the mobo so figured the mobo thread would be best place for info. I looked at the GD65 and some of the stuff on the ASrock seemed more appealing like the on board WiFi and 10 Sata 6gb/s for the same price it seemed the ASrock was better. But wanted peoples opinions on each. The more i learn about overclocking and building a computer the more i want to try on it.

Not sure. but whats the MSI have over the ASrock? Im not to familiar with either so thats what im tryin to see what one has over the other.

A better NIC that can adjust traffic (good for gaming though not sure of its true value). The same robust power delivery for overclocking. Its a pickem between the two features wise. Just depends on what you really NEED. Both are good boards and will do what you need to do. Between those two, if there isn't a feature you require, its down to looks for me.

This is the $200 board I got for my i5 5670K
Gigabyte Z87X-OC on Amazon

I quite like it, especially for the slick bios and the Overclocking features and the "OC touch" feature is pretty cool.
I dont need the crazy cross fire support and its got more features than a casual overclocker like me will ever take advantage of.

At the time, Amazon did not have a large selection of 1150 Mobos this was the best of the Two 1150's! So I got it, not disappointed in any way. Take a look at the specs and tell me what you think.

Last edited:
Look into Asus Maximus Hero, I got one from Micro Center for 169.99 with 4770k as combo. If Micro Center is not close to you, you can find one for around 210-220 online. Good mobo imo.

Amazon has it for 199.99 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MAXIMUS-...UTF8&qid=1379299679&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+hero

I just picked up the same Asus Maximus IX Hero motherboard from Newegg for $189 along with an i7 4770K Haswell and 8GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 2400. Great board for the money. :cool:

Back