• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best possible low budget motherboard that can handle my 1866 memory and i5 4690k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

I currently have the worst motherboard in terms of extras in the gigabyte http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...128693&cm_re=GA-H81M-H-_-13-128-693-_-Product
only 4 usb ports, doesnt support the 8 gigs of 1866 i purchased.. just a horrible board.. It runs great, I only play Counterstrike, but I cant go on with it. Im looking for something that will support my 1866 memory, has a couple more usb slots, and is just all in all better.. (though this runs amazing already) I dont want to spend 100 dollars.. I dont even want to spend 80. What would my best bet be? I run at stock, I currently have a gtx 650ti because i got rid of my 580 for an upgrae and am waiting on that upgrade. I just want a basic motherboard, with a couple more usb ports.. The USB 3.0 front port support (the weird plug) because i cant even use my front ports..
what is my best option? I know absolutely nothing, the tech world has lost me.
This one looks pretty? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130695
What should i pick. again, I DO NOT overclock. a few options in the 70-90 dollar range would be awesome.

The board you have supports XMP profiles, so what happens if you choose to use that? Does it set your memory correctly then? The board you linked to is about the only choice at Newegg in your price range, unless you want to try a refurb or open box.

no there are many more and that is open. what is an xmp profile? im gonna look this up.. thats all i really care about is the ram.. wont someone know if itll support 1866 i have?

You have to go into the BIOS and select XMP for the memory setting. It should be in your manual on how to do this.

yeah, i have no idea.. if someone can findout if my ram will work at 1866. thatd be awesome.. i just tried to look

Please remember DDR is Double Data Rate, so you may see it represented as 933 (933x2=1866 DDR) in your bios. Look to see if there is a setting for that.

Back