• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beta bios for P5K Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Did anyone get a copy of the beta bios for that board? People been distributing it but didnt get one.

Yup and it tells me I need a bios upgrade. I can still overclock, just not up to its potential.

Probably the board displays a message during POST reminding to update the BIOs to "unlock the power" of the users CPU, least thats what mine did with an E3110 and old BIOs.

I emailed them. The only way to overclock, even a little is to raise volts. That's not how a cpu overclocks. Oh well I guess I have to wait it out.

I got a copy of the bios, but I don't think I will send it to anyone unless I get to test it out myself. Don't want any hatemails.

I got a copy of the bios, but I don't think I will send it to anyone unless I get to test it out myself. Don't want any hatemails.
Well, you win either way. It works and all is good or it fails and they CANT send you hate mail :)

Hahahaaa. Been reading up on this beta. Seems the problem is temp readings. Haven't heard much about BSODs with rams and such.

i got the 0612 beta off the asus forum but i have no need for it oh well i have if anyone needs it
Rich
ok i tryed its working ok havnt tryed ocing yet will next and report back seem ok with temps as it was with 0504

ok it oc.s the same no heat problems no pro's no con's

Last edited:
Sigh...looks liek this board just not good for 45nm quads. It overclocked worse than with the official 0504 bios. I give up, don't wanna buy another board. Rich, PM me if you are interested in my chip.

Back